Public purchasers and procurement officials can learn how to save time and money by purchasing through Statewide and Departmental Contract vendors at the annual MASSbuys EXPO, to be held May 1 at the DCU Center in Worcester. The Commonwealth’s largest Business to Government (B2G) event, the MASSbuys EXPO features more than 350 exhibitors showcasing the products and services they offer to state and local government. Register today.
Benefits of attending the MASSbuys EXPO:
- More than 350 vendors displaying the newest goods and services available to purchase through Statewide and Departmental Contracts.
- Free workshops on the latest in strategic sourcing best practices, professional development, and processes to increase cost savings.
- The “COMMBUYS: World of the Future” interactive exhibit. The Commonwealth’s new eProcurement system – COMMBUYS – facilitates ordering with eCatalogs and improved searching and filtering capabilities.
- Meetings with the Operational Services Division (OSD) sourcing leads at the OSD Booth.
- The Government Resource Center, comprised of booths from appropriate Executive branch agencies and providing answers to purchasing, financial, environmental, and construction questions.
Improved parking and travel options:
- Free parking available in Worcester, and shuttle service between parking lots and the Worcester commuter rail station.
- Free bus transportation between Boston to Worcester.
The MASSbuys EXPO is 100 percent funded by our exhibitors.
Register to learn how to save time and money for your organization:
What Is Corporate Excise Tax? posted on Jan 29
Corporate excise tax applies to all corporations operating in Massachusetts, both foreign and domestic. Due on the 15th day of the third month after the close of the corporation’s fiscal year, corporate excise tax payments can be filed online through WebFile for Business. While electronic …Continue Reading What Is Corporate Excise Tax?
Apprenticeship Program posted on Jan 22
Through the Massachusetts Apprenticeship Program, workers have the opportunity to receive paid on-the-job training in combination with related in-class coaching. The program is administered by the Division of Apprentice Standards (DAS), an agency under the Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development (LWD). About the …Continue Reading Apprenticeship Program
Get Ready for Tax Season posted on Jan 20
Tax season is upon us, and that can mean stress for Massachusetts residents and workers who don’t have the documents they need to file returns and payments by the April 15, 2015 deadline. While the Department of Revenue (DOR) encourages online filing of Massachusetts state …Continue Reading Get Ready for Tax Season