Join the Office of Massachusetts State Treasurer and the Massachusetts Financial Literacy Trust Fund on May 17 to learn how to improve your personal finances and become financially empowered. The Money Conference is a free, one-day event to help individuals and families build their financial knowledge and improve personal finance behavior through quality financial education.
Saturday May 17, 2014
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Everett High School
100 Elm Street
Everett, MA 02149
Topics covered at the conference:
- Homeownership 101 – Prepare for the process of buying your first home and explore first time homebuyer mortgage programs.
- Retirement – Review your total retirement assets and learn how to best prepare for retirement.
- Managing Credit & Debt – Evaluate the total and various types of debt you may have, and build a plan to pay it down.
- Budgeting & Setting Financial Goals – Assess your monthly spending and complete a plan to put you on track to meet your financial goals.
- Purchasing a Car – Determine which type of vehicle best meets your needs and learn how to navigate the purchasing process.
- Security & Fraud Prevention – Learn how to protect yourself and your money in the complex world of security and fraud.
- Basics of Investing – Receive an introduction to the world of investing where beginners will learn how to research what is right for them.
- Saving for College – Set up a savings plan and take advantage of college saving accounts for a child’s future.
- College Financing – With acceptance letter in hand, learn how to apply for and receive financing for college.
Register online today at www.themoneyconference.com.
Car Seat 101: Is Your Child in the Right Seat and Strapped in Safely? posted on Sep 21
This is a guest blog post from the Highway Safety Division (HSD) of the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPSS). September 18 marked the start of Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Week across the country. This period promotes awareness to parents and caregivers about the importance of …Continue Reading Car Seat 101: Is Your Child in the Right Seat and Strapped in Safely?
It’s Apple Picking Season! Learn About This Versatile Fall Fruit posted on Sep 15
This is a guest blog post from the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR), written by Program Coordinator Julia Grimaldi. September is all about apples here in Massachusetts. On September 12, 2016, Governor Baker declared September as “Massachusetts Apple Month.” Apple growers across the state …Continue Reading It’s Apple Picking Season! Learn About This Versatile Fall Fruit
Massachusetts Voting and Election Information posted on Sep 13
Election Day is a time to make your voice heard in state and national politics. On Nov. 8, Bay State voters will cast their ballots for president, vice president, and U.S. representatives. Voters will also elect representatives in state and local government and weigh in …Continue Reading Massachusetts Voting and Election Information