Join the Office of Massachusetts State Treasurer and the Massachusetts Financial Literacy Trust Fund on May 17 to learn how to improve your personal finances and become financially empowered. The Money Conference is a free, one-day event to help individuals and families build their financial knowledge and improve personal finance behavior through quality financial education.
Saturday May 17, 2014
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Everett High School
100 Elm Street
Everett, MA 02149
Topics covered at the conference:
- Homeownership 101 – Prepare for the process of buying your first home and explore first time homebuyer mortgage programs.
- Retirement – Review your total retirement assets and learn how to best prepare for retirement.
- Managing Credit & Debt – Evaluate the total and various types of debt you may have, and build a plan to pay it down.
- Budgeting & Setting Financial Goals – Assess your monthly spending and complete a plan to put you on track to meet your financial goals.
- Purchasing a Car – Determine which type of vehicle best meets your needs and learn how to navigate the purchasing process.
- Security & Fraud Prevention – Learn how to protect yourself and your money in the complex world of security and fraud.
- Basics of Investing – Receive an introduction to the world of investing where beginners will learn how to research what is right for them.
- Saving for College – Set up a savings plan and take advantage of college saving accounts for a child’s future.
- College Financing – With acceptance letter in hand, learn how to apply for and receive financing for college.
Register online today at www.themoneyconference.com.
Transportation Services for Massachusetts Seniors posted on Nov 30
Transportation is a vital service for many older adults who want to continue to live independently in their communities. If you don’t have access to a car or can’t drive for any reason, there are community and state resources that can help. The Human Service …Continue Reading Transportation Services for Massachusetts Seniors
Massachusetts Police Officer Civil Service Exam: Deadline to Apply Is Feb. 21, 2017 posted on Nov 17
This is a guest blog post from the Massachusetts Human Resources Division. The Human Resources Division (HRD) of the Executive Office of Administration and Finance (ANF) is currently accepting applications for the 2017 police officer civil service exam. If you want to become a …Continue Reading Massachusetts Police Officer Civil Service Exam: Deadline to Apply Is Feb. 21, 2017
Commemorate Veterans Day in Massachusetts posted on Nov 9
On Nov. 11, Massachusetts honors the estimated 380,000 veterans living in the Commonwealth, as well as those who’ve served across the country. Veterans Day is a time to publicly recognize the bravery and sacrifices of active duty and retired military members and their families. Learn …Continue Reading Commemorate Veterans Day in Massachusetts