Join the Office of Massachusetts State Treasurer and the Massachusetts Financial Literacy Trust Fund on May 17 to learn how to improve your personal finances and become financially empowered. The Money Conference is a free, one-day event to help individuals and families build their financial knowledge and improve personal finance behavior through quality financial education.
Saturday May 17, 2014
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Everett High School
100 Elm Street
Everett, MA 02149
Topics covered at the conference:
- Homeownership 101 – Prepare for the process of buying your first home and explore first time homebuyer mortgage programs.
- Retirement – Review your total retirement assets and learn how to best prepare for retirement.
- Managing Credit & Debt – Evaluate the total and various types of debt you may have, and build a plan to pay it down.
- Budgeting & Setting Financial Goals – Assess your monthly spending and complete a plan to put you on track to meet your financial goals.
- Purchasing a Car – Determine which type of vehicle best meets your needs and learn how to navigate the purchasing process.
- Security & Fraud Prevention – Learn how to protect yourself and your money in the complex world of security and fraud.
- Basics of Investing – Receive an introduction to the world of investing where beginners will learn how to research what is right for them.
- Saving for College – Set up a savings plan and take advantage of college saving accounts for a child’s future.
- College Financing – With acceptance letter in hand, learn how to apply for and receive financing for college.
Register online today at www.themoneyconference.com.
Celebrate Cycling in Massachusetts During National Bike Month posted on May 3
Hold on to your handlebars this May as Massachusetts celebrates National Bike Month and Bay State Bike Week from May 14–22. Whether you’re biking to get in shape, get to work, or have some fun, the Commonwealth has something to offer. The Department of Public …Continue Reading Celebrate Cycling in Massachusetts During National Bike Month
Adopting in Massachusetts: How to Apply posted on Apr 28
Whether you have struggled to have a child or always planned to adopt, choosing to adopt is an incredible gift for your family and a child in need. Many of the children waiting to be adopted in Massachusetts have experienced loss and hardship, and just …Continue Reading Adopting in Massachusetts: How to Apply
National Teacher Appreciation Day: Become a K–12 Teacher in Massachusetts posted on Apr 26
May 3 was National Teacher Appreciation Day, in honor of teachers across the country who work so hard to educate and inspire our children. It was also the day that the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) announced the Massachusetts Teacher of the Year for …Continue Reading National Teacher Appreciation Day: Become a K–12 Teacher in Massachusetts