Join the Office of Massachusetts State Treasurer and the Massachusetts Financial Literacy Trust Fund on May 17 to learn how to improve your personal finances and become financially empowered. The Money Conference is a free, one-day event to help individuals and families build their financial knowledge and improve personal finance behavior through quality financial education.
Saturday May 17, 2014
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Everett High School
100 Elm Street
Everett, MA 02149
Topics covered at the conference:
- Homeownership 101 – Prepare for the process of buying your first home and explore first time homebuyer mortgage programs.
- Retirement – Review your total retirement assets and learn how to best prepare for retirement.
- Managing Credit & Debt – Evaluate the total and various types of debt you may have, and build a plan to pay it down.
- Budgeting & Setting Financial Goals – Assess your monthly spending and complete a plan to put you on track to meet your financial goals.
- Purchasing a Car – Determine which type of vehicle best meets your needs and learn how to navigate the purchasing process.
- Security & Fraud Prevention – Learn how to protect yourself and your money in the complex world of security and fraud.
- Basics of Investing – Receive an introduction to the world of investing where beginners will learn how to research what is right for them.
- Saving for College – Set up a savings plan and take advantage of college saving accounts for a child’s future.
- College Financing – With acceptance letter in hand, learn how to apply for and receive financing for college.
Register online today at www.themoneyconference.com.
How to Have a Safe Summer in Massachusetts posted on Jul 28
After a long snowy winter, it’s no surprise that Massachusetts residents are enjoying the warmer weather — but as you dive into summer activities, make sure you’re doing them safely. The Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPSS), Department of Public Health (DPH), and Department …Continue Reading How to Have a Safe Summer in Massachusetts
Hurricane Preparedness: Be Ready Before the Storm posted on Jul 23
This is a guest blog post from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA). While the Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 through Nov. 30, historically the most active time for tropical storms and hurricanes in the Northern Atlantic is August to October. As such, …Continue Reading Hurricane Preparedness: Be Ready Before the Storm
Celebrate National Park and Recreation Month at DCR Parks in Massachusetts posted on Jul 21
Chances are you’re already close to one of the more than 150 state parks in Massachusetts. Celebrate National Park and Recreation Month this July — get outdoors and host a picnic with friends, hike on a trail, or spend the day bird watching. Learn where the Commonwealth’s many parks …Continue Reading Celebrate National Park and Recreation Month at DCR Parks in Massachusetts