Join the Office of Massachusetts State Treasurer and the Massachusetts Financial Literacy Trust Fund on May 17 to learn how to improve your personal finances and become financially empowered. The Money Conference is a free, one-day event to help individuals and families build their financial knowledge and improve personal finance behavior through quality financial education.
Saturday May 17, 2014
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Everett High School
100 Elm Street
Everett, MA 02149
Topics covered at the conference:
- Homeownership 101 – Prepare for the process of buying your first home and explore first time homebuyer mortgage programs.
- Retirement – Review your total retirement assets and learn how to best prepare for retirement.
- Managing Credit & Debt – Evaluate the total and various types of debt you may have, and build a plan to pay it down.
- Budgeting & Setting Financial Goals – Assess your monthly spending and complete a plan to put you on track to meet your financial goals.
- Purchasing a Car – Determine which type of vehicle best meets your needs and learn how to navigate the purchasing process.
- Security & Fraud Prevention – Learn how to protect yourself and your money in the complex world of security and fraud.
- Basics of Investing – Receive an introduction to the world of investing where beginners will learn how to research what is right for them.
- Saving for College – Set up a savings plan and take advantage of college saving accounts for a child’s future.
- College Financing – With acceptance letter in hand, learn how to apply for and receive financing for college.
Register online today at www.themoneyconference.com.
Celebrate Independence Day in Massachusetts posted on Jun 30
As the state where the Boston Tea Party, Battle of Bunker Hill, and first shots of the American Revolution occurred, Massachusetts is a special place to celebrate the 4th of July. Whether you’re looking for a free event for the family or a way to …Continue Reading Celebrate Independence Day in Massachusetts
Clean Beaches Week: 6 Ways to Protect the Coast posted on Jun 26
Did you know that the Massachusetts coastline is expansive enough to cover the distance from Boston to Miami on Interstate 95? Learn how you can help preserve over 1,500 miles of the Commonwealth’s coast during Clean Beaches Week, July 1–7. Read these useful tips from …Continue Reading Clean Beaches Week: 6 Ways to Protect the Coast
The Importance of Protecting Your Home and Family Against Ticks and Mosquitoes posted on Jun 24
No one wants to spend their summer worrying about ticks and mosquitoes. Although it’s difficult to escape these pests altogether, you can prevent them from infesting your property and minimize itchy bug bites on you and your family. The Department of Public Health (DPH) and …Continue Reading The Importance of Protecting Your Home and Family Against Ticks and Mosquitoes