Summer is here, and for cyclists, it’s time to get ready to ride. Cyclists love Massachusetts because of the beautiful scenery and variety of terrain available across the state.
If you’re new to Massachusetts or to cycling, you’re in luck. The Commonwealth has plenty of great trails and paths to ride. Here are some examples of the many bike trails you can find throughout the state:
- For cycling on the south shore, be sure to check out the Blue Hills Reservation in Milton and its 7,000 acres of terrain.
- The Cape Cod Rail Trail is great for cyclists who want to do some historic sightseeing while they ride. You can also rest at one of the many beaches along the way.
- If you’re visiting Martha’s Vineyard, ride along the Manuel F. Correllus State Forest to see rare species and diverse landscapes.
- Ride through beautiful meadows and spot abundant rhododendron flowers at Bradley Palmer State Park in Topsfield.
- Visit Callahan State Park in Framingham for a full day of biking along seven miles of marked trails and nearly 100 acres of open fields.
- Nashua River Valley State Park offers cyclists scenic overlooks and opportunities to see wildlife.
- Take a picturesque ride at Wachusett Mountain, a unique landmark of central Massachusetts.
- Robinson State Park near Springfield is one of the most commonly biked areas in Massachusetts; it boasts 30 miles of trails that run along the Westfield River.
- Take your family to the Ashuwillticook Rail Trail for a pleasant ride along the Hoosic River.
- Winding from Waltham through Boston Harbor and Cambridge, the Charles River Bike Path offers a new perspective of the city.
Most Massachusetts trails and paths aren’t just for cyclists. Joggers, hikers, and even horseback riders are often welcome. There are also various accessible trails around the Commonwealth to accommodate people of all abilities.
Share your thoughts about biking and your experiences on Massachusetts trails by tweeting us at: @MassGov.
Filing for Divorce in Massachusetts posted on Sep 28
Even if you and your spouse agree to divorce, taking the step to officially end your marriage can bring on a whole range of emotions you may not have expected. Add the challenge of dividing your assets or arranging custody of your kids, and this …Continue Reading Filing for Divorce in Massachusetts
Car Seat 101: Is Your Child in the Right Seat and Strapped in Safely? posted on Sep 21
This is a guest blog post from the Highway Safety Division (HSD) of the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPSS). September 18 marked the start of Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Week across the country. This period promotes awareness to parents and caregivers about the importance of …Continue Reading Car Seat 101: Is Your Child in the Right Seat and Strapped in Safely?
It’s Apple Picking Season! Learn About This Versatile Fall Fruit posted on Sep 15
This is a guest blog post from the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR), written by Program Coordinator Julia Grimaldi. September is all about apples here in Massachusetts. On September 12, 2016, Governor Baker declared September as “Massachusetts Apple Month.” Apple growers across the state …Continue Reading It’s Apple Picking Season! Learn About This Versatile Fall Fruit