Post Content

The Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation will be moving this Friday, Sept. 15, 2017. If you have any questions or concerns, here’s where we’ll be next week!


Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation

501 Boylston St., Suite 5100, Boston, MA 02116

Consumer hotline (617) 973-8787

Toll-free consumer hotline (888) 283-3757

Main office (617) 973-8700

Fax (617) 973-8799


Home Improvement Contractor Program

All mailings, including complaint filings and registration applications, should be sent to the respective addresses below.

Home Improvement Contractor Registrations and Renewals

1 Ashburton Place, Suite 1301, Boston, MA 02108

(617) 727-3200   Fax (617) 248-0813

Home Improvement Contractor Complaint and Enforcement Hearings

1000 Washington Street, Suite 710, Boston, MA 02116

(617) 727-3074   Fax (617) 727-3771


If you have additional questions, contact the Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation by calling our Consumer Hotline at (617) 973-8787, or toll-free in MA at (888) 283-3757, Monday through Friday, from 9 am-4:30 pm. Follow the Office on Facebook and Twitter, @Mass_Consumer. The Baker-Polito Administration’s Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation along with its five agencies work together to achieve two goals: to protect and empower consumers through advocacy and education, and to ensure a fair playing field for all Massachusetts businesses. The Office also oversees the State’s lemon laws, data breach reporting, and home improvement contractor programs, and the State’s Do Not Call Registry.

Written By:

Recent Posts

Homeowners Deed scam posted on Jan 16

Homeowners Deed scam

Homeowners beware: there’s a deeds scam out there. The Norfolk County Register of Deeds recently advised residents of a fraudulent direct-mail solicitation that offers homeowners a certified copy of their property deed, but asks way too much money in return. The scammers are asking consumers   …Continue Reading Homeowners Deed scam

Mechanical vs. Collision: What to do if your vehicle needs repair posted on Jan 11

Mechanical vs. Collision: What to do if your vehicle needs repair

If your vehicle needs repair, it’s important to know your rights and responsibilities before taking any action. Motor Vehicle Damage Repair shops provide repairs needed due to fire, theft, vandalism, or collision. These types of shops are required to be registered with the MA Division   …Continue Reading Mechanical vs. Collision: What to do if your vehicle needs repair

Kids on Apps posted on Jan 9

Kids on Apps

If you’re a parent, you may be questioning how best to integrate your young child into the world of technology and apps. More importantly, how to keep your kid safe. As technology develops, more and more mobile applications are available and at children’s fingertips, with   …Continue Reading Kids on Apps