Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
Watch this space over the coming weeks for dozens of tips for living “greener,” delivered in categorized lists. Pick and choose tips from these lists, or challenge yourself to do them all. You will save energy and money and contribute to a more sustainable home, neighborhood, and world. Here’s part 1: general green living.
2. Buy products with an Energy Star label.
3. Learn about the environmental and energy issues in your area.
4. Donate your old clothing, shoes, car, furniture, etc.
5. Buy items in bulk.
6. Maintain and repair durable products instead of frequently buying new ones.
7. Buy used furniture and other items. It’s cheaper and keeps large items out of landfills.