Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
In Part 5 of this series of tips to live green (Scroll down for previous installments!), we delve into paper v. plastic, and related consumer choices.
36. Buy recycled paper and paper products.
37. Print on both sides of sheets of paper and only print what is absolutely necessary.
38. Buy products with less packaging.
39. Pay bills electronically.
40. Borrow books from libraries and loan your books to friends and family. If you are a student, buy or rent used textbooks.
41. Use washcloths, hand towels, and dish towels to minimize paper towel use.
42. Choose alternatives to Styrofoam when available.
43. Snip all the holes in plastic six-pack rings.
44. Recycle newspapers, magazines, and phone books.
45. Opt-out of unsolicited or junk mail like credit card offers to reduce paper.
46. Use washable silverware and dishes instead of paper and plastic.
47. Buy and use reusable grocery bags. When you use plastic, reuse them. Plastic grocery bags are great for small trash cans.
Cutting Fuel Use & Greenhouse Gases – Now – Through Hybrid Retrofits posted on Nov 25
Can hybrids, which combine a gasoline or diesel engine with an electric motor and batteries, make a real impact on greenhouse gas emissions? Retrofits from a Brighton company save fuel and cut greenhouse gas emissions immediately in light and medium duty vehicles, without waiting to replace fleets.
Eight Drivers Help Mass. Win Energy and Environment Race posted on Nov 18
Have a look at this year’s LBE award recipients – two state agencies, two municipalities, two higher education entities, and two individual – who demonstrate achievements that produce measurable environmental and energy outcomes.
“MOR” Reason to Choose Electric Vehicles posted on Nov 12
I’m in love . . . with electric vehicles (EV). They’re cool, clean and comfortable. I want one for the performance, the ongoing financial savings, and the reduction in air pollution. While not currently in the market for a new car, I was fortunate to test drive …Continue Reading “MOR” Reason to Choose Electric Vehicles