Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
We're up to installment 6 in our series of 96 tips for going "green." Check out these ideas for being water wise. Then, scroll down for installments 1 through 5!
48. Take shorter showers – not baths (except for babies!).
49. Turn off the water when you brush your teeth.
50. Use water-efficient appliances, like low-flow showerheads, on-demand water heaters, and a toilet that uses around 1.6 gallons per flush instead of 3.5.
51. Use a reusable water bottle and coffee mug and make sure they are BPA-free.
52. Fix leaky faucets.
53. Do full loads of laundry and use high efficiency machines and detergent. Use less detergent and wash clothes in coldest water appropriate for your load.
54. Do only full loads of dishes or wash dishes by hand.
55. Know where your storm drains go and don’t use chemicals in your garden or on your lawn. Never dump anything but water in a storm drain.
56. Learn about and explore your watershed.