Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
We're up to installment 6 in our series of 96 tips for going "green." Check out these ideas for being water wise. Then, scroll down for installments 1 through 5!
48. Take shorter showers – not baths (except for babies!).
49. Turn off the water when you brush your teeth.
50. Use water-efficient appliances, like low-flow showerheads, on-demand water heaters, and a toilet that uses around 1.6 gallons per flush instead of 3.5.
51. Use a reusable water bottle and coffee mug and make sure they are BPA-free.
52. Fix leaky faucets.
53. Do full loads of laundry and use high efficiency machines and detergent. Use less detergent and wash clothes in coldest water appropriate for your load.
54. Do only full loads of dishes or wash dishes by hand.
55. Know where your storm drains go and don’t use chemicals in your garden or on your lawn. Never dump anything but water in a storm drain.
56. Learn about and explore your watershed.
Cutting Fuel Use & Greenhouse Gases – Now – Through Hybrid Retrofits posted on Nov 25
Can hybrids, which combine a gasoline or diesel engine with an electric motor and batteries, make a real impact on greenhouse gas emissions? Retrofits from a Brighton company save fuel and cut greenhouse gas emissions immediately in light and medium duty vehicles, without waiting to replace fleets.
Eight Drivers Help Mass. Win Energy and Environment Race posted on Nov 18
Have a look at this year’s LBE award recipients – two state agencies, two municipalities, two higher education entities, and two individual – who demonstrate achievements that produce measurable environmental and energy outcomes.
“MOR” Reason to Choose Electric Vehicles posted on Nov 12
I’m in love . . . with electric vehicles (EV). They’re cool, clean and comfortable. I want one for the performance, the ongoing financial savings, and the reduction in air pollution. While not currently in the market for a new car, I was fortunate to test drive …Continue Reading “MOR” Reason to Choose Electric Vehicles