Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
Here's the ninth post in our series on going green. Tips # 81 through 88 focus on how to be environmentally friendly at work. For previous 96 Ways to Go Green posts, scroll down!
81. Use mechanical pencils and refillable pens.
82. Turn off your computer at work when you leave for the day.
83. Use an erasable white board instead of a bulletin board.
84. Print with soy-based inks, which are less toxic.
85. Use water-based glues, which are less toxic.
86. Reuse office supplies like paper clips, binder clips, and folders.
87. Ask your employer to consider flexible staggered work schedules or telecommuting to reduce traffic congestion.
88. Enter and exit buildings through revolving doors to conserve energy.
Solar Six Stories Up: UMass Lowell Parking Garage Solar Canopy posted on Mar 21
UMass Lowell has dramatically increased the amount of solar generated power with the completion of a new canopy solar panel array on the South Campus parking garage roof. This is just one of over 100 energy-saving projects at UMass Lowell to be completed by the …Continue Reading Solar Six Stories Up: UMass Lowell Parking Garage Solar Canopy
Energy and Environmental Efforts Recognized at 10th Annual Leading by Example Awards posted on Dec 20
Earlier this month, 8 Massachusetts state agencies, public colleges, municipalities, and public sector individuals were recognized at the State House for their leadership in promoting and implementing clean energy and environmental initiatives at the 10th Annual Leading by Example Awards Ceremony. State officials celebrated a …Continue Reading Energy and Environmental Efforts Recognized at 10th Annual Leading by Example Awards
Baker-Polito Administration Completes 24 Energy Efficiency Projects at State Sites posted on Dec 20
Simple Fix’ Projects Will Save Commonwealth $159,000 in Annual Energy Costs NEWBURYPORT– December 16, 2016– The Baker-Polito Administration today announced the completion of an energy efficiency project at the Plum Island Shellfish Purification Plant and 23 additional “simple fix” efficiency projects at state facilities in …Continue Reading Baker-Polito Administration Completes 24 Energy Efficiency Projects at State Sites