Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
Here's the ninth post in our series on going green. Tips # 81 through 88 focus on how to be environmentally friendly at work. For previous 96 Ways to Go Green posts, scroll down!
81. Use mechanical pencils and refillable pens.
82. Turn off your computer at work when you leave for the day.
83. Use an erasable white board instead of a bulletin board.
84. Print with soy-based inks, which are less toxic.
85. Use water-based glues, which are less toxic.
86. Reuse office supplies like paper clips, binder clips, and folders.
87. Ask your employer to consider flexible staggered work schedules or telecommuting to reduce traffic congestion.
88. Enter and exit buildings through revolving doors to conserve energy.
National Energy Efficiency Day posted on Oct 5
In honor of National Energy Efficiency Day, DOER would like to highlight some of the programs and initiatives that have helped make Massachusetts the most energy efficient state in the nation for the sixth year in a row. Mass Save, a utility run-ratepayer funded program, offers a …Continue Reading National Energy Efficiency Day
Massachusetts Named Most Energy Efficient State for Sixth Consecutive Year posted on Oct 5
Shares Top Spot with California on American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy Scorecard BOSTON – September 27, 2016 –The Baker-Polito Administration today announced that the Commonwealth has been named the most energy efficient state in the nation by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) …Continue Reading Massachusetts Named Most Energy Efficient State for Sixth Consecutive Year
Baker-Polito Administration Announces $14 Million for Energy Resiliency Grant Program posted on Oct 5
Grants Available to Critical Care Facilities Requiring Back-Up Clean Energy Power Generation HOLYOKE – September 22, 2016 –The Baker-Polito Administration today announced $14 million in grant opportunities for energy resiliency projects at critical care facilities across Massachusetts. The grants are the latest round of theCommunity Clean …Continue Reading Baker-Polito Administration Announces $14 Million for Energy Resiliency Grant Program