Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
Here's the ninth post in our series on going green. Tips # 81 through 88 focus on how to be environmentally friendly at work. For previous 96 Ways to Go Green posts, scroll down!
81. Use mechanical pencils and refillable pens.
82. Turn off your computer at work when you leave for the day.
83. Use an erasable white board instead of a bulletin board.
84. Print with soy-based inks, which are less toxic.
85. Use water-based glues, which are less toxic.
86. Reuse office supplies like paper clips, binder clips, and folders.
87. Ask your employer to consider flexible staggered work schedules or telecommuting to reduce traffic congestion.
88. Enter and exit buildings through revolving doors to conserve energy.
New Walden Pond Visitor Center Would Inspire Even Thoreau posted on Dec 17
The 335 acre Walden Pond State Reservation annually attracts 500,000 people from all over the world, who journey there not just for recreation but for inspiration. Those visitors will soon have another amenity to enjoy. Earlier this month, Governor Deval Patrick joined community leaders, other public officials, environmentalists and project partners to break ground on the Department of Conservation and Recreation’s new $8 million Walden Pond Visitor Center, designed to incorporate a wide-range of sustainable materials and technologies.
Thirteen New Green Communities: Cause for Celebration (With Cake) posted on Dec 10
The United States was created from thirteen colonies, which suggests that thirteen is a lucky number. Massachusetts just added another lucky thirteen. A new round of Green Communities – you guessed it, thirteen of them – brings the total number of cities and towns that …Continue Reading Thirteen New Green Communities: Cause for Celebration (With Cake)
How Many Inspections Does It Take To Install A Solar System? posted on Dec 4
How many municipal inspections does it take to install a residential solar photovoltaic (PV) system? Two is the magic number, however it can often be difficult to hit. In order for a solar customer to install an array, their system must obtain a building and …Continue Reading How Many Inspections Does It Take To Install A Solar System?