Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
Here's the ninth post in our series on going green. Tips # 81 through 88 focus on how to be environmentally friendly at work. For previous 96 Ways to Go Green posts, scroll down!
81. Use mechanical pencils and refillable pens.
82. Turn off your computer at work when you leave for the day.
83. Use an erasable white board instead of a bulletin board.
84. Print with soy-based inks, which are less toxic.
85. Use water-based glues, which are less toxic.
86. Reuse office supplies like paper clips, binder clips, and folders.
87. Ask your employer to consider flexible staggered work schedules or telecommuting to reduce traffic congestion.
88. Enter and exit buildings through revolving doors to conserve energy.