Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
Today, we wrap up this series on 96 Ways to Go Green with a final post on green transportation tips. For the rest of the series, scroll down, And congratulations for taking steps to Go Green!
90. Drive a hybrid or other fuel-efficient car. Cars with manual transmissions typically use less fuel than those with automatic transmissions.
91. Get rid of excess weight in your car (carry as little as possible in the trunk).
92. Buy radial tires and make sure they are inflated to the proper PSI.
93. Drive smoothly – avoid quick acceleration or hard braking to maximize fuel efficiency.
94. Try to run all your errands at once to minimize driving.
95. Share cars among family members.
96. Check your car for leaks and recycle motor oil.