Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
Today, we wrap up this series on 96 Ways to Go Green with a final post on green transportation tips. For the rest of the series, scroll down, And congratulations for taking steps to Go Green!
90. Drive a hybrid or other fuel-efficient car. Cars with manual transmissions typically use less fuel than those with automatic transmissions.
91. Get rid of excess weight in your car (carry as little as possible in the trunk).
92. Buy radial tires and make sure they are inflated to the proper PSI.
93. Drive smoothly – avoid quick acceleration or hard braking to maximize fuel efficiency.
94. Try to run all your errands at once to minimize driving.
95. Share cars among family members.
96. Check your car for leaks and recycle motor oil.
Solar Six Stories Up: UMass Lowell Parking Garage Solar Canopy posted on Mar 21
UMass Lowell has dramatically increased the amount of solar generated power with the completion of a new canopy solar panel array on the South Campus parking garage roof. This is just one of over 100 energy-saving projects at UMass Lowell to be completed by the …Continue Reading Solar Six Stories Up: UMass Lowell Parking Garage Solar Canopy
Energy and Environmental Efforts Recognized at 10th Annual Leading by Example Awards posted on Dec 20
Earlier this month, 8 Massachusetts state agencies, public colleges, municipalities, and public sector individuals were recognized at the State House for their leadership in promoting and implementing clean energy and environmental initiatives at the 10th Annual Leading by Example Awards Ceremony. State officials celebrated a …Continue Reading Energy and Environmental Efforts Recognized at 10th Annual Leading by Example Awards
Baker-Polito Administration Completes 24 Energy Efficiency Projects at State Sites posted on Dec 20
Simple Fix’ Projects Will Save Commonwealth $159,000 in Annual Energy Costs NEWBURYPORT– December 16, 2016– The Baker-Polito Administration today announced the completion of an energy efficiency project at the Plum Island Shellfish Purification Plant and 23 additional “simple fix” efficiency projects at state facilities in …Continue Reading Baker-Polito Administration Completes 24 Energy Efficiency Projects at State Sites