The Bay State Briefs is back! Check out this episode to learn more about the Governor’s economic development mission to Israel and the UK, a conference on tourism in Massachusetts, a new community colleges program and much more.
- Click here to read Governor Patrick’s remarks to the AFL-CIO on Tuesday on continued partnership with organized labor.
- On Wednesday, the Governor participated in the announcement of the Community College Connection Program, an innovative new program that will act as a bridge between community college graduates and a four-year university. Click here to learn more.
- Earlier this week, two international bond rating agencies reaffirmed the strength of Massachusetts’ economy and fiscal outlook. Click here to learn more.
Here are some highlights from around the state government blogosphere in the past week:
- Here at the Governor’s office, we updated our online agenda page to reflect all the work we’re doing here around the Governor’s priorities. Learn more in this blog post.
- A blog post on the Transportation blog announces the preferred route for the critical South Coast Rail project the Administration has been working to advance.
- Dr. JudyAnn Bigby, the state’s secretary of Health and Human Services, has a blog post celebrating the one-year anniversary of national health care reform and a discussion of its benefits for Massachusetts.
Tags: bay state briefs, community college, community college connection program, deval patrick, deval patrick online, fiscal outlook, governor patrick, mass gov, mass governor, massachusetts, massachusetts economy, online agenda
Youth Homelessness – Jack Duffy-Protentis – November 2013 posted on Nov 13
I was in the 3rd grade when my parents told me that I was losing my eye sight. I remember feeling relieved that the reason I was struggling in school was because of this thing called Stargardt’s Disease; and not because I was not smart. …Continue Reading Youth Homelessness – Jack Duffy-Protentis – November 2013
Raycela Dasher – Bristol County -October 2013 posted on Nov 13
As I looked at the stack of papers laid before me, I took a deep breath and prepared to write. These papers were more than just another assignment or application. These papers were a chance of a lifetime. As I looked to the top of …Continue Reading Raycela Dasher – Bristol County -October 2013
Education and youth homelessness // Written by: Mary Kate Roffey of the GSYC posted on Oct 4
Education and youth homelessness are two of the Governor’s Statewide Youth Council’s initiatives. Throughout the month of August, the GSYC decided to hold ‘Back to School’ drives to collect school supplies for homeless youth. This project allowed the GSYC to make progress on both issues …Continue Reading Education and youth homelessness // Written by: Mary Kate Roffey of the GSYC