Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
Warm summer evenings are a great time to get the family outdoors! Enjoy the evening this week and pack a picnic, a blanket and your lawn chair for a relaxing movie under the stars. This week, check out some free outdoor movies showing at state parks and reservations across the state:
- Tuesday, 7/24 – Martini Shell, Hyde Park Enjoy free Tuesday night flicks in Hyde Park each week throughout the summer. This week, the Martini Park is featuring The Muppets.
- Wednesday, 7/25 – Salisbury Beach State Reservation
- Thursday, 7/26 – Fall River Heritage State Park
- Friday, 7/27 – DCR Memorial Hatch Shell Friday Flick! Come out to the banks of the Charles River this Friday evening to enjoy Cars 2. This is a popular event, so come early and claim your spot! For a full list of Hatch Shell events and more Friday Flicks check out the 2012 Hatch Shell Season flyer.
- Saturday, 7/28 – Harold Parker State Forest in North Andover
For more information about movies this week and to view the entire schedule of movies throughout the summer, check out DCR’s Free Family Flicks flyer. All movies start at sundown.
Be sure to check out our events calendar for even more outdoor events happening near you this week.
Wood: The Future (and Past) of Green Infrastructure posted on Sep 30
Wood, one of the oldest building materials in human history, might also be the greenest.
The View from Massachusetts posted on Sep 17
While Massachusetts can claim significant success in urban river revitalization, dam removal, cranberry bog naturalization and stream flow restoration, globally there are daunting challenges to restore highly impacted or vanishing ecosystems that will test the acumen of ecologists, engineers and politicians for years to come.
2014 DAR Agricultural Calendar: September posted on Sep 12
September’s photo contest winner was Gary Kamen, who photographed Mount Warner Vineyard in Hadley. Mount Warner Vineyards is a farm-winery located in Hadley, a small town in the beautiful Pioneer Valley. Operated by Gary and Bobbie Kamen, their philosophy is to recognize the unique characteristics of …Continue Reading 2014 DAR Agricultural Calendar: September