Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
Warm summer evenings are a great time to get the family outdoors! Enjoy the evening this week and pack a picnic, a blanket and your lawn chair for a relaxing movie under the stars. This week, check out some free outdoor movies showing at state parks and reservations across the state:
- Tuesday, 7/24 – Martini Shell, Hyde Park Enjoy free Tuesday night flicks in Hyde Park each week throughout the summer. This week, the Martini Park is featuring The Muppets.
- Wednesday, 7/25 – Salisbury Beach State Reservation
- Thursday, 7/26 – Fall River Heritage State Park
- Friday, 7/27 – DCR Memorial Hatch Shell Friday Flick! Come out to the banks of the Charles River this Friday evening to enjoy Cars 2. This is a popular event, so come early and claim your spot! For a full list of Hatch Shell events and more Friday Flicks check out the 2012 Hatch Shell Season flyer.
- Saturday, 7/28 – Harold Parker State Forest in North Andover
For more information about movies this week and to view the entire schedule of movies throughout the summer, check out DCR’s Free Family Flicks flyer. All movies start at sundown.
Be sure to check out our events calendar for even more outdoor events happening near you this week.
EEA to host first Twitter Town Hall on Earth Day posted on Apr 14
Hello, I’m Rick Sullivan, Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) and this coming Earth Day, I invite you to talk with the EEA team and me directly about everything energy and environment-related that the Patrick Administration has accomplished. EEA will host its first …Continue Reading EEA to host first Twitter Town Hall on Earth Day
Massachusetts Agriculture Day posted on Apr 4
On Wednesday, March 26th, agriculture once again took center stage at the State House in Boston. Agriculture Day, also known as “Ag Day,” is the one day a year where farmers come together to focus legislative attention on agriculture. The day is organized by …Continue Reading Massachusetts Agriculture Day
2014 DAR Agricultural Calendar: March posted on Mar 24
March’s Massachusetts Agriculture Calendar Photo Contest winner was Peg Mallett, who photographed customers purchasing Massachusetts maple syrup at The Wayland Winter Farmers’ Market at Russell’s Garden Center from Dale Wentworth of The Warren Farm & Sugarhouse in North Brookfield. Once a photojournalist, Peg began working at …Continue Reading 2014 DAR Agricultural Calendar: March