Multimedia intern, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA)
Warm summer evenings are a great time to get the family outdoors! Enjoy the evening this week and pack a picnic, a blanket and your lawn chair for a relaxing movie under the stars. This week, check out some free outdoor movies showing at state parks and reservations across the state:
- Tuesday, 7/24 – Martini Shell, Hyde Park Enjoy free Tuesday night flicks in Hyde Park each week throughout the summer. This week, the Martini Park is featuring The Muppets.
- Wednesday, 7/25 – Salisbury Beach State Reservation
- Thursday, 7/26 – Fall River Heritage State Park
- Friday, 7/27 – DCR Memorial Hatch Shell Friday Flick! Come out to the banks of the Charles River this Friday evening to enjoy Cars 2. This is a popular event, so come early and claim your spot! For a full list of Hatch Shell events and more Friday Flicks check out the 2012 Hatch Shell Season flyer.
- Saturday, 7/28 – Harold Parker State Forest in North Andover
For more information about movies this week and to view the entire schedule of movies throughout the summer, check out DCR’s Free Family Flicks flyer. All movies start at sundown.
Be sure to check out our events calendar for even more outdoor events happening near you this week.
2014 DAR Agricultural Calendar: August posted on Aug 25
Augusts’ Massachusetts Agriculture Calendar Photo Contest winner was Cara Peterson, who photographed a high tunnel greenhouse at Flats Mentor Farm in Lancaster.
Not From Around Here: Green Crabs posted on Aug 22
As part of its work to assess salt marsh health, staff from the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM) have frequently observed abundant green crabs, often burrowing in the banks of marsh creeks. This summer, CZM is examining the potential impacts of green crabs in salt marsh habitats, including the impact of burrowing activity.
Plan a Day Trip – Right in Boston Harbor! posted on Aug 18
Looking for a fun day trip for you and possibly your family? Look no further, the Boston Harbor Islands are the place to be. Lots of events take place on these islands during the summer months, so enjoy these festivities while they are here! Spectacle …Continue Reading Plan a Day Trip – Right in Boston Harbor!