The Executive Office of Health and Human Services Blog Comment Terms
Purpose of this Blog
The purpose of this blog is to facilitate an ongoing dialogue between the public and employees of the agencies overseen by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services as well as the executive office itself (EOHHS). We encourage your comments, ideas and concerns and hope that you will find the information here helpful in understanding what your government is doing and what you can do to help. This is a moderated blog, so all comments will be reviewed for compliance with our policies before posting. We recognize that the Web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage state resources, moderating and posting of comments will occur during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be read and posted as early as possible; in most cases, this means the next business day.
• This is a place for collecting suggestions and new ideas and to encourage conversations between and among citizens and their government, not a substitute channel for services or general questions. If you would like more information about the services and supports we offer, please visit our website at: www.mass.gov/eohhs.
• Do not submit unsolicited proposals, or other business ideas or inquiries to this blog. This site is not to be used for contracting or commercial business.
• This blog may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
• This blog is not to be used to report criminal activity. If you have information for law enforcement, please contact your local police agency.
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. We will not post comments that include:
• Profanity and vulgar or abusive language
• Threats of physical or bodily harm
• Sensitive information (for example, information that could compromise public safety)
• Offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups
For the benefit of robust discussion, we ask that comments remain “on-topic.” This means that comments will be posted only as they relate to the topic that is being discussed within the blog post.
We will not post comments that include:
• Off-topic comments (if you have topics you’d like to hear more about, please suggest them here. If you have off-topic comments that are relevant to our agencies, please email them to Hhswebservice@state.ma.us.
• Questions from the media; and
• Identical posts by the same user (please don’t submit over and over expecting the post to show up faster) or multiple users (a group of people sending identical messages or one person submitting under different aliases). In the case of identical posts, we will post the first submission.
For the purpose of facilitating discussion, we allow users to embed hyperlinks to other websites in their comments. However, we will not post comments containing the following:
- Any code or embedded materials, including, but not limited to images, videos and executable code, except for except for links to another website.
- Any links to a website that contains malicious code, including, but not limited to spyware, viruses and other malware.
If comments are submitted in violation of these provisions, EOHHS reserves the right to either delete the offending materials or to refuse to publish the post in its entirety.
Privacy and Security Policies
Comments provided on pages are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Content includes all materials posted by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services. In addition, visitors to these pages agree to grant a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to the rest of the world for their submissions to this site under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. A copy of this license is available online at http://creativecommons.org/licenses.
ABCD Honors Foster Grandparents posted on Jul 3
On June 12th, two bus-loads of excited seniors – aged 55 to 91 – rolled into Dorchester to mark 50 years of the Action for Boston Community Development Inc.’s (ABCD’s) Foster Grandparents Program. More than 170 seniors from all over Boston, speaking English, Spanish, Chinese, …Continue Reading ABCD Honors Foster Grandparents
Building Careers, Building Lives: 2015 Annual Consumer Conference posted on Jun 19
“Building Careers, Building Lives” was this year’s theme for the 34th Annual Consumer Conference attended by more than 400 people this week. The conference was organized by three state commissions – Mass. Rehabilitation Commission (MRC), Mass. Commission for the Blind (MCB), Mass. Commission for the …Continue Reading Building Careers, Building Lives: 2015 Annual Consumer Conference
Veterans – Get a Beautiful Smile for FREE! posted on Jun 15
On Saturday, June 27, Aspen Dental teams will be providing an opportunity for veterans to receive free dental care. This will be one of the largest single-day dental health initiatives for veterans ever. During the appointments, dental teams will be focusing on the most urgent …Continue Reading Veterans – Get a Beautiful Smile for FREE!