In this series on Labor Market Exploration, we will feature different information and tools that will enhance your job search.
Overview of Labor Market Exploration
Are you a looking for work? If you are, we recommend that you include Labor Market Exploration to augment your job search.
Labor Market Exploration is a set of labor market information and tools that provides useful, actionable information to support all aspects of your job search, from creating a resume that highlights your skills and experience, to finding promising job opportunities, engaging in the interview process and negotiating the most favorable offer.
Labor Market Exploration is created by the Massachusetts Department of Career Services to help job seekers develop an organized approach to their job search by answering some key questions such as:
- Do I know if my field is growing or declining?
- Do I know what the current pay rate is locally, statewide and country wide?
- Do I know what assessment tools are available to identify my Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) as they relate to industry and my competition?
- If my current field is not growing, do I know what my transferable skills are?
- Do I need more schooling?
- Does my resume truly reflect my knowledge and experience as they relate to the posted position?
- Do I know how to research industry information, products and services of private and public companies?
You can find the answers to all these questions (and many more) by using Labor Market Exploration. Contact your local One-Stop Career Center to take advantage of this helpful resource.
More Tools to Expand Economic Development in Massachusetts posted on Aug 13
Governor Deval Patrick today signed in to law “An Act to Promote Economic Growth in the Commonwealth”–legislation that builds upon his strategy to grow the Massachusetts economy by investing in education, innovation and infrastructure. Among the tools and initiatives in the economic development package is …Continue Reading More Tools to Expand Economic Development in Massachusetts
Green cleaning reduces the impact on human health and the environment. posted on Aug 5
Green cleaning reduces the impact on human health and the environment.
Small Business in Auburn Maintains Membership in Exclusive Workplace Safety Program posted on Aug 1
Worcester Envelope Company in Auburn celebrated a lot of milestones in the last year, 120 years in business as a family run operation and most recently, its 10th year in the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) jointly run by the Department …Continue Reading Small Business in Auburn Maintains Membership in Exclusive Workplace Safety Program