In this series on Labor Market Exploration, we will feature different information and tools that will enhance your job search.
Overview of Labor Market Exploration
Are you a looking for work? If you are, we recommend that you include Labor Market Exploration to augment your job search.
Labor Market Exploration is a set of labor market information and tools that provides useful, actionable information to support all aspects of your job search, from creating a resume that highlights your skills and experience, to finding promising job opportunities, engaging in the interview process and negotiating the most favorable offer.
Labor Market Exploration is created by the Massachusetts Department of Career Services to help job seekers develop an organized approach to their job search by answering some key questions such as:
- Do I know if my field is growing or declining?
- Do I know what the current pay rate is locally, statewide and country wide?
- Do I know what assessment tools are available to identify my Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) as they relate to industry and my competition?
- If my current field is not growing, do I know what my transferable skills are?
- Do I need more schooling?
- Does my resume truly reflect my knowledge and experience as they relate to the posted position?
- Do I know how to research industry information, products and services of private and public companies?
You can find the answers to all these questions (and many more) by using Labor Market Exploration. Contact your local One-Stop Career Center to take advantage of this helpful resource.
Tips for Staying Motivated During Your Job Search posted on Aug 28
Be Organized Create a daily and weekly job search plan. Keep to your schedule so that you do not brush important tasks aside or waste time wondering what to do next. Looking for a good job is a 40-hour a week commitment. Keep Your Self-Image …Continue Reading Tips for Staying Motivated During Your Job Search
Governor Baker Highlights Record $11.5 Million for YouthWorks Summer Jobs Program posted on Aug 10
BOSTON – Highlighting the importance of early work experience and its correlation to long-term career success, Gov. Charlie Baker met with nearly 100 young people benefitting from the Commonwealth’s YouthWorks summer jobs program. “Massachusetts is the only state in the country that funds a program …Continue Reading Governor Baker Highlights Record $11.5 Million for YouthWorks Summer Jobs Program
The Heat is On – But Heat Illness is Preventable! posted on Jul 21
Summertime… It’s time for fun in the sun, especially after such a brutal winter! But in addition to fun, summer often brings intense heat waves. According to the CDC, on average, extreme heat causes more U.S. deaths than other natural disasters. Heat safety is clearly …Continue Reading The Heat is On – But Heat Illness is Preventable!