In this series on Labor Market Exploration, we will feature different information and tools that will enhance your job search.
Overview of Labor Market Exploration
Are you a looking for work? If you are, we recommend that you include Labor Market Exploration to augment your job search.
Labor Market Exploration is a set of labor market information and tools that provides useful, actionable information to support all aspects of your job search, from creating a resume that highlights your skills and experience, to finding promising job opportunities, engaging in the interview process and negotiating the most favorable offer.
Labor Market Exploration is created by the Massachusetts Department of Career Services to help job seekers develop an organized approach to their job search by answering some key questions such as:
- Do I know if my field is growing or declining?
- Do I know what the current pay rate is locally, statewide and country wide?
- Do I know what assessment tools are available to identify my Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) as they relate to industry and my competition?
- If my current field is not growing, do I know what my transferable skills are?
- Do I need more schooling?
- Does my resume truly reflect my knowledge and experience as they relate to the posted position?
- Do I know how to research industry information, products and services of private and public companies?
You can find the answers to all these questions (and many more) by using Labor Market Exploration. Contact your local One-Stop Career Center to take advantage of this helpful resource.
2015 MA Safe Jobs for Youth *VINE* Contest posted on Oct 31
* six seconds, one video * Endless loops to promote teen safety at work! 2015 MA Safe Jobs for Youth *VINE* Contest Who is eligible? Teens ages 14-19. High school-aged Massachusetts teens (14-19) not enrolled in post-secondary education, are eligible to enter the contest. …Continue Reading 2015 MA Safe Jobs for Youth *VINE* Contest
2015 MA Safe Jobs for Youth Poster Contest posted on Oct 29
* your words, your design * One poster to promote teen safety at work! 2015 MA Safe Jobs for Youth Poster Contest Who is eligible? Teens ages 14-19. High school-aged Massachusetts teens (14-19) not enrolled in post-secondary education, are eligible to enter the contest. Note: …Continue Reading 2015 MA Safe Jobs for Youth Poster Contest
Law Enforcement and Recreationalists: Be Aware of Lead Hazards at Shooting Ranges posted on Oct 24
Each year there are shooters, instructors, and maintenance staff that become sick from lead poisoning received at their firing range.