In this series on Labor Market Exploration, we will feature different information and tools that will enhance your job search.
Overview of Labor Market Exploration
Are you a looking for work? If you are, we recommend that you include Labor Market Exploration to augment your job search.
Labor Market Exploration is a set of labor market information and tools that provides useful, actionable information to support all aspects of your job search, from creating a resume that highlights your skills and experience, to finding promising job opportunities, engaging in the interview process and negotiating the most favorable offer.
Labor Market Exploration is created by the Massachusetts Department of Career Services to help job seekers develop an organized approach to their job search by answering some key questions such as:
- Do I know if my field is growing or declining?
- Do I know what the current pay rate is locally, statewide and country wide?
- Do I know what assessment tools are available to identify my Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) as they relate to industry and my competition?
- If my current field is not growing, do I know what my transferable skills are?
- Do I need more schooling?
- Does my resume truly reflect my knowledge and experience as they relate to the posted position?
- Do I know how to research industry information, products and services of private and public companies?
You can find the answers to all these questions (and many more) by using Labor Market Exploration. Contact your local One-Stop Career Center to take advantage of this helpful resource.