Earth Day is April 22! With recycling possibilities on Statewide Contract, you may recycle a vast array of items and find the tools and products to develop a recycling program in your facility, including on-site visits by awarded contract vendors who will assess your organization’s needs, make cost-effective recommendations, and provide employee training.
Recycling 101: Important Statewide Contracts to Know
- FAC82 – Hazardous/Universal, Medical, and Electronic Waste Disposal, offering comprehensive recycling solutions for hazardous waste.
- FAC85 – Environmentally Preferable Cleaning Products, Programs, Equipment, and Supplies, including recycling containers under Category 6 and recycled content/compostable liners under Category 9.
- FAC86 – Solid Waste and Recycling Services, providing full waste and cost-effective recycling services for non-hazardous materials.
- FAC87 – Recycling Containers, Compost Bins, and Rain Barrels, providing a wide range of waste and recycling containers, including Big Belly compactors.
Explore Recycling Options on Statewide Contract
- Antifreeze – FAC82
- Asphalt, Brick, Concrete – FAC86
- Batteries – FAC82, OFF36
- Construction & Demo, including Clean Gypsum Wallboard – FAC86; Corrugated Cardboard – FAC86
- Electronic Waste – FAC86, FAC82
- Fire Extinguishers – FAC82
- Glass Containers – FAC86
- Lamps and Ballasts – FAC82
- Mattresses – FAC86, FAC90
- Mercury – FAC82
- Metal Cans and Containers – FAC86
- Motor Oil – FAC82
- Oil Filters – FAC82
- Organic- Food Waste – FAC86
- Organic – Leaves, Yard Waste and Floating Vegetation – FAC86, FAC88
- Organic Solvents – FAC82
- Paints – FAC82
- Paper – FAC86
- Paper Shredding/Secure Document and Media Destruction – FAC86, FAC96
- Plastic Bottles and Containers – FAC86
- Recyclable Fuels – FAC82
- Redeemable Bottles and Cans – FAC86
- Scrap Metal – FAC86, SSP1601
- Sharps – FAC82
- Street Sweepings – FAC86
- Tanks – FAC82
- Textiles – FAC86
- Tires – FAC86
- Toner Cartridges – ITC66
- Vehicle Windshields – VEH103
- White Goods (Large Appliances) – FAC86
- Wood – FAC86
In FY2015, Commonwealth buyers diverted 12,672 tons of solid waste to recycling using resources on Statewide Contract FAC86 and its predecessor Contract, FAC33. This reduction is equivalent to removing annual emissions from 3,315 passenger vehicles!*
Learn more in our Environmentally Preferable Products and Services Guide, available at mass.gov/epp. Contact Julia Wolfe, Director of Environmental Purchasing, at 617-502-8836.
*EPP Program Annual Report Fiscal Year 2015, p. 12: mass.gov/epp > MA EPP Progam Annual Reports > 2015 Annual Report MA EPP Program
Tags: Bidding, Bids, Environmentally Preferable Products, Environmentally Preferable Purchasing, Goods and Services, Julia Wolfe, Online Bid Management, Operational Services Division, Procurement, Procurement Activity, Procurement Professionals, Purchasing, Purchasing from Statewide Contracts, Statewide Contracts, Strategic Sourcing
May 2017 Vehicle Auctions posted on May 1
From time to time, OSD offers the public the opportunity to bid on vehicles and other equipment that no longer are of use by the State. Two such opportunities will take place this month: State Police Viewing: Thursday, May 18 – 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 …Continue Reading May 2017 Vehicle Auctions
The Value of Cross-Agency Collaboration posted on Apr 28
As many government employees know firsthand, working with outdated technology can limit efficiency. To combat this, agencies must find collaborative, creative, and cost-efficient solutions to persistent problems. In one such example, members of OSD were asked last October to participate in a cross-agency initiative with …Continue Reading The Value of Cross-Agency Collaboration
Supplier Diversity Office: FY2016 Year in Review posted on Mar 31
On February 17, 2017, the Supplier Diversity Office (SDO) released its annual report for Fiscal Year 2016. The report included highlights of initiatives that were undertaken at the directive of Governor Baker, who signed Executive Order 565, Reaffirming and Expanding the Massachusetts Supplier Diversity Program …Continue Reading Supplier Diversity Office: FY2016 Year in Review