Robert Bliss, Director of Communication, Department of Revenue
The Department of Revenue has scheduled six Small Business Workshops to assist new business owners in understanding business income, sales and use, and payroll taxes. These workshops offer soup to nuts explanations of the tax laws and issues that small business owners encounter, and provide a chance to ask questions of a knowledgeable DOR representative.
The presentations include instruction on how to use DOR’s web-based WebFile for Business application, which allows small business owners to register, file and pay taxes online. Attendees will learn of the different types of business ownership and the tax requirements of each one as well as the difference between and taxable and exempt sales and services.
These workshops are free and open to the public. Registration is required. Questions are encouraged and participants will gain useful knowledge from Brian Lynch of DOR’s Education and Training Division, who conducts the workshop, as well as from the questions and the experiences of new business owners in attendance.
* June 14th, Braintree Town Hall, 1 JFK Memorial Drive, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
* July 28th, Cambridge Economic Development, 344 Broadway, 10a.m to noon
* Aug. 10th, Worcester Public Library, 3 Salem Sq., 10 a.m. to noon
* Sept. 22nd, Beverly Public Library, 32 Essex St., 10 a.m. to noon
* Oct. 6th, Quincy Public Library, 40 Washington St., 10 a.m. to noon
* Oct 27th, Cambridge Economic Development, 344 Broadway, 10 a.m. to noon