The Green Line Extension Project Design Working Group is holding a Public Open House:
Thursday, May 9, 5:00pm – 7:00pm, GLX Project Office, 100 Summer Street, 2nd Floor, Boston
The Green Line Extension project is an initiative of MassDOT and the MBTA. This important project will extend existing MBTA Green Line service from a relocated Lechmere Station in East Cambridge to Union Square in Somerville and College Avenue in Medford.
Phase 1 work includes the following:
* Reconstruct and widen the Harvard Street Rail Bridge in Medford
* Widen the Medford Street Rail Bridge in Somerville
* Demolish 21 Water Street in Cambridge for construction of the new Lechmere Station in Phase 2/2A
* Construct retaining walls and noise walls adjacent to the Harvard Street Rail Bridge
* Relocate MBTA Commuter Rail tracks in the Harvard Street Rail Bridge area
* Upgrade and replace existing storm drain system between Harvard Street and Granville Avenue
The Phase 1 project completion is scheduled for March, 2015.