The Green Line Extension Project Design Working Group is holding a Public Open House:
Thursday, May 9, 5:00pm – 7:00pm, GLX Project Office, 100 Summer Street, 2nd Floor, Boston
The Green Line Extension project is an initiative of MassDOT and the MBTA. This important project will extend existing MBTA Green Line service from a relocated Lechmere Station in East Cambridge to Union Square in Somerville and College Avenue in Medford.
Phase 1 work includes the following:
* Reconstruct and widen the Harvard Street Rail Bridge in Medford
* Widen the Medford Street Rail Bridge in Somerville
* Demolish 21 Water Street in Cambridge for construction of the new Lechmere Station in Phase 2/2A
* Construct retaining walls and noise walls adjacent to the Harvard Street Rail Bridge
* Relocate MBTA Commuter Rail tracks in the Harvard Street Rail Bridge area
* Upgrade and replace existing storm drain system between Harvard Street and Granville Avenue
The Phase 1 project completion is scheduled for March, 2015.
Thanksgiving: Travel Safely! posted on Nov 24
MassDOT encourages Thanksgiving holiday travelers to check the latest winter weather forecast and plan ahead with the high volume of traffic on our highways and at Boston Logan International Airport expected this year. Highways are typically busiest on the Tuesday and Wednesday before and on …Continue Reading Thanksgiving: Travel Safely!
South Coast Rail: Bridge Replacements Move Forward posted on Nov 24
Governor Deval Patrick today joined Acting MassDOT Secretary and CEO Frank DePaola and local officials to announce a contract award for the replacement of four bridges in New Bedford and Fall River along the future South Coast Rail Line. The improvements will advance South Coast …Continue Reading South Coast Rail: Bridge Replacements Move Forward
I-495 Highway Safety Program Announced posted on Nov 20
MassDOT and the Massachusetts State Police announced the establishment of a new Highway Safety Corridor Program for I-495 through the towns of Chelmsford, Westford, Littleton, Boxborough, Bolton, and Berlin. The program posts public safety signs that read, “Highway Safety Corridor / Laws Strictly Enforced” at …Continue Reading I-495 Highway Safety Program Announced