The Green Line Extension Project Design Working Group is holding a Public Open House:
Thursday, May 9, 5:00pm – 7:00pm, GLX Project Office, 100 Summer Street, 2nd Floor, Boston
The Green Line Extension project is an initiative of MassDOT and the MBTA. This important project will extend existing MBTA Green Line service from a relocated Lechmere Station in East Cambridge to Union Square in Somerville and College Avenue in Medford.
Phase 1 work includes the following:
* Reconstruct and widen the Harvard Street Rail Bridge in Medford
* Widen the Medford Street Rail Bridge in Somerville
* Demolish 21 Water Street in Cambridge for construction of the new Lechmere Station in Phase 2/2A
* Construct retaining walls and noise walls adjacent to the Harvard Street Rail Bridge
* Relocate MBTA Commuter Rail tracks in the Harvard Street Rail Bridge area
* Upgrade and replace existing storm drain system between Harvard Street and Granville Avenue
The Phase 1 project completion is scheduled for March, 2015.
North Side Commuter Rail Schedule Implementation Postponed posted on Nov 25
MassDOT and the MBTA announced the recently revised North Side Commuter Rail schedules will not be implemented until spring 2016. The revision of Commuter Rail schedules is a critical element of MassDOT and the MBTA’s efforts to deliver safe, reliable, on-time service to Commuter …Continue Reading North Side Commuter Rail Schedule Implementation Postponed
Travel Safely for Thanksgiving! posted on Nov 24
MassDOT encourages Thanksgiving holiday travelers to plan ahead with high traffic volume on our highways and at Boston Logan International Airport expected again this year. Highways are typically busiest on the Tuesday and Wednesday before and on the Sunday after the holiday. Heavy traffic congestion …Continue Reading Travel Safely for Thanksgiving!
Springfield: I-91 Viaduct Project Public Meeting Set posted on Nov 23
MassDOT has scheduled a Public Information Meeting for the I-91 Viaduct Rehabilitation Project as follows: Tuesday, December 8, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, Basketball Hall of Fame, Theater, 1000 Hall of Fame Avenue, Springfield Please join MassDOT for an update on the major construction and …Continue Reading Springfield: I-91 Viaduct Project Public Meeting Set