The Green Line Extension Project Design Working Group is holding a Public Open House:
Thursday, May 9, 5:00pm – 7:00pm, GLX Project Office, 100 Summer Street, 2nd Floor, Boston
The Green Line Extension project is an initiative of MassDOT and the MBTA. This important project will extend existing MBTA Green Line service from a relocated Lechmere Station in East Cambridge to Union Square in Somerville and College Avenue in Medford.
Phase 1 work includes the following:
* Reconstruct and widen the Harvard Street Rail Bridge in Medford
* Widen the Medford Street Rail Bridge in Somerville
* Demolish 21 Water Street in Cambridge for construction of the new Lechmere Station in Phase 2/2A
* Construct retaining walls and noise walls adjacent to the Harvard Street Rail Bridge
* Relocate MBTA Commuter Rail tracks in the Harvard Street Rail Bridge area
* Upgrade and replace existing storm drain system between Harvard Street and Granville Avenue
The Phase 1 project completion is scheduled for March, 2015.
Bay State Bike Week is Almost Here! posted on Apr 29
What could be better than April breaking the 70 degree mark? The beginning of May, because we’re getting ready for Bay State Bike Week! Every May, Massachusetts residents and bike commuters come together to celebrate human-powered, two-wheeled transportation during Bay State Bike Week. This year, …Continue Reading Bay State Bike Week is Almost Here!
Ashland: Governor Baker Reviews MBTA Infrastructure Investments Progress posted on Apr 28
Governor Charlie Baker today visited a Keolis work site in Ashland to review the progress on infrastructure upgrades the MBTA is making as part of a larger effort the MBTA, its Fiscal and Management Control Board (FMCB) and leadership are making to improve service, access, …Continue Reading Ashland: Governor Baker Reviews MBTA Infrastructure Investments Progress
Walk & Bike to School Day May 4th! posted on Apr 28
Students Across the Commonwealth Will Be Celebrating Massachusetts Walk and Bike To School Day on May 4th. Double knot those shoelaces, and pump up those tires as Massachusetts Walk and Bike to School day is fast approaching. This is the 7th consecutive year for the …Continue Reading Walk & Bike to School Day May 4th!