The Green Line Extension Project Design Working Group is holding a Public Open House:
Thursday, May 9, 5:00pm – 7:00pm, GLX Project Office, 100 Summer Street, 2nd Floor, Boston
The Green Line Extension project is an initiative of MassDOT and the MBTA. This important project will extend existing MBTA Green Line service from a relocated Lechmere Station in East Cambridge to Union Square in Somerville and College Avenue in Medford.
Phase 1 work includes the following:
* Reconstruct and widen the Harvard Street Rail Bridge in Medford
* Widen the Medford Street Rail Bridge in Somerville
* Demolish 21 Water Street in Cambridge for construction of the new Lechmere Station in Phase 2/2A
* Construct retaining walls and noise walls adjacent to the Harvard Street Rail Bridge
* Relocate MBTA Commuter Rail tracks in the Harvard Street Rail Bridge area
* Upgrade and replace existing storm drain system between Harvard Street and Granville Avenue
The Phase 1 project completion is scheduled for March, 2015.
RMV: New Boston Branch Location, Low Number Lottery Drawing posted on Aug 28
MassDOT Registrar of Motor Vehicles Celia J. Blue announced the annual low number license plate lottery drawing will be held on September 10 at the RMV’s soon-to-open new Boston branch, Haymarket Center at 136 Blackstone Street. “As we move our operations to a new Boston …Continue Reading RMV: New Boston Branch Location, Low Number Lottery Drawing
Labor Day Weekend Travel: Plan Ahead! posted on Aug 27
MassDOT encourages motorists to plan ahead for safe travel during the upcoming Labor Day holiday weekend. Heaviest Labor Day traffic on I-90 is expected Thursday and Friday westbound and Monday afternoon-evening eastbound. The number of toll transactions on the Turnpike from Weston to the New …Continue Reading Labor Day Weekend Travel: Plan Ahead!
Boston: I-90 Construction Update posted on Aug 26
MassDOT contractors in August and September continue the preparation work to improve the median and Commonwealth Avenue Bridge substructure on Interstate 90 in Boston. The left lanes in both Eastbound and Westbound directions on I-90 from west of the Prudential tunnel to the Commonwealth Avenue …Continue Reading Boston: I-90 Construction Update