Post Content

Bourne, CCRTA Vehicle Ceremony, August 1, 2010 Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority (CCRTA) Administrator Thomas S. Cahir, joined by MassDOT Secretary Jeff Mullan and Rail & Transit Administrator and MBTA General Manager Richard A. Davey, today presented a State Mobility Assistance Program vehicle to the Bourne Council on Aging.

The Federal Transit Administration awarded the CCRTA a grant covering 80% of the cost of vans for Cape Cod Councils on Aging, with the MassDOT Mobility Assistance Program funding the remaining 20%.  The fully-accessible equipment provides transportation of elders and individuals with disabilities at no direct cost to the senior population.

The CCRTA as grant recipient will ensure that the vehicle is maintained. 

Bourne, MassDOT & CCRTA Vehicle Donation, August 2,2010 The Mobility Assistance Program provides capital assistance to public agencies for the purchase of vehicles and related equipment to be used in the provision of transportation services to the elderly, persons with disabilities, and families transitioning from public assistance to employment for whom existing public and/or private mass transportation is unavailable, insufficient, or inappropriate.

Learn more about the Mobility Assistance Program.

Written By:

Recent Posts

Toll Plaza Demolition, Reconstruction Public Meetings Set posted on Sep 30

Toll Plaza Demolition, Reconstruction Public Meetings Set

MassDOT will begin the demolition of all existing toll plazas on October 28, 2016 as part of the implementation of All Electronic Tolling (AET) along the Massachusetts Turnpike. MassDOT is holding four public meetings to provide information about what to expect as the toll booths   …Continue Reading Toll Plaza Demolition, Reconstruction Public Meetings Set

MassDOT Announces Safe Streets Smart Trips High School Video Contest Winners posted on Sep 30

MassDOT Announces Safe Streets Smart Trips High School Video Contest Winners

MassDOT today recognized the work of high school students across the Commonwealth through the Safe Streets Smart Trips statewide high school video contest at MassDOT’s annual Moving Together Conference. Videos were shown during the luncheon portion of the conference, with the winners called to stage   …Continue Reading MassDOT Announces Safe Streets Smart Trips High School Video Contest Winners

MassDOT Announces Completion of Trapelo Road Reconstruction Project posted on Sep 28

MassDOT Announces Completion of Trapelo Road Reconstruction Project

Transportation Secretary and CEO Stephanie Pollack, Highway Administrator Thomas J. Tinlin, State Senator Will Brownsberger and state and local officials today announced the completion of the Trapelo Road Reconstruction project. A ribbon cutting ceremony was held today in Belmont to celebrate the project’s conclusion. “The   …Continue Reading MassDOT Announces Completion of Trapelo Road Reconstruction Project