The MassDOT Aeronautics Division recently held judging at the state level for the 2016 International Aviation Art Contest “Air Spots in Harmony with Nature.”
Nine Massachusetts students winning art work has been forwarded to the National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) in Washington, D.C. for the national judging to be held in March.
The top national entries from the United States will then be forwarded on to the Federation Aeronautique Internationale (FAI) in Switzerland for judging to determine top International honors in April.
The Massachusetts art winners in the three categories are listed below.
Category I ages (6-9)
• First place – Edward Hwang, Fiske School, Lexington
• Second place – Nicholas Allen, Martin Luther King K-8 School , Boston
• Third place – Sophie , Saint Stanislaus School, Fall River
Category II ages (10-13)
• First place – Jidapa Janpathompong, Fiske School , Lexington
• Second Place – Jinn Janpathompong, Fiske School , Lexington
• Third place – Ashli Dominique, Martin Luther King K-8 School , Boston
Category III ages (14-17)
• First place – Benjamin Rivera-Concannon , Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
• Second place – Chloe Basile, Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
• Third place – Emily Hoar, Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
Students will receive certificates of recognition from the MassDOT Aeronautics Division. Aeronautics Division Administrator Jeff DeCarlo extends his congratulations to all the students who entered this year’s art contest.
RMV: 2016 Low Number Plate Lottery Applications Now Accepted posted on Jun 25
MassDOT Registrar of Motor Vehicles Erin Deveney announced that applications for the 2016 Low Number Plate Lottery are now being accepted online or by U.S. mail. Starting this year, for the first time ever, customers will be able to enter the lottery online by visiting: …Continue Reading RMV: 2016 Low Number Plate Lottery Applications Now Accepted
Casey Arborway Project Public Meeting Set posted on Jun 24
MassDOT has scheduled a fourth Casey Arborway Project Construction Update Meeting as follows: Wednesday, June 29, 6:30-8:30 PM, Boston English High School Auditorium 144 McBride Street, Jamaica Plain The purpose of this meeting will be to provide the community with an update on the progress …Continue Reading Casey Arborway Project Public Meeting Set
Milestone Nears: Longfellow Bridge “Salt and Pepper” Towers Restoration posted on Jun 23
MassDOT announced that the restoration of the iconic “salt and pepper” towers of the historic Longfellow Bridge will be complete in late July. The downstream towers have been replaced on the bridge, and barges are transporting the last stones for installation on them. The capstones …Continue Reading Milestone Nears: Longfellow Bridge “Salt and Pepper” Towers Restoration