The MassDOT Aeronautics Division recently held judging at the state level for the 2016 International Aviation Art Contest “Air Spots in Harmony with Nature.”
Nine Massachusetts students winning art work has been forwarded to the National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) in Washington, D.C. for the national judging to be held in March.
The top national entries from the United States will then be forwarded on to the Federation Aeronautique Internationale (FAI) in Switzerland for judging to determine top International honors in April.
The Massachusetts art winners in the three categories are listed below.
Category I ages (6-9)
• First place – Edward Hwang, Fiske School, Lexington
• Second place – Nicholas Allen, Martin Luther King K-8 School , Boston
• Third place – Sophie , Saint Stanislaus School, Fall River
Category II ages (10-13)
• First place – Jidapa Janpathompong, Fiske School , Lexington
• Second Place – Jinn Janpathompong, Fiske School , Lexington
• Third place – Ashli Dominique, Martin Luther King K-8 School , Boston
Category III ages (14-17)
• First place – Benjamin Rivera-Concannon , Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
• Second place – Chloe Basile, Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
• Third place – Emily Hoar, Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
Students will receive certificates of recognition from the MassDOT Aeronautics Division. Aeronautics Division Administrator Jeff DeCarlo extends his congratulations to all the students who entered this year’s art contest.
South Coast Rail “Notice of Project Change” Public Meeting Scheduled posted on Apr 28
MassDOT will hold a public meeting on the South Coast Rail “Notice of Project Change” as follows: Thursday, May 11, 6:30 p.m. Taunton High School auditorium, 50 Williams Street, Taunton. MassDOT filed an SCR Notice of Project Change (NPC) on March 15, 2017, to adopt …Continue Reading South Coast Rail “Notice of Project Change” Public Meeting Scheduled
MBTA: Discover the Fairmount Commuter Rail Line May 8-21 posted on Apr 27
Customers of the Fairmont Commuter Rail Line will travel free of charge for a two-week period in May. Customers will be able to board at station stops from Readville to South Stations and not pay a fare between Monday, May 8, and Friday, May 21. …Continue Reading MBTA: Discover the Fairmount Commuter Rail Line May 8-21
MassDOT Proposed Capital Investment Plan Public Meetings Set posted on Apr 27
MassDOT has announced a schedule of 12 public meetings in locations across the state to present and discuss the draft MassDOT Five-Year Capital Investment Plan (CIP) Update. Public input received at the meetings from May 15 to May 24 will be considered before the CIP …Continue Reading MassDOT Proposed Capital Investment Plan Public Meetings Set