The MassDOT Aeronautics Division recently held judging at the state level for the 2016 International Aviation Art Contest “Air Spots in Harmony with Nature.”
Nine Massachusetts students winning art work has been forwarded to the National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) in Washington, D.C. for the national judging to be held in March.
The top national entries from the United States will then be forwarded on to the Federation Aeronautique Internationale (FAI) in Switzerland for judging to determine top International honors in April.
The Massachusetts art winners in the three categories are listed below.
Category I ages (6-9)
• First place – Edward Hwang, Fiske School, Lexington
• Second place – Nicholas Allen, Martin Luther King K-8 School , Boston
• Third place – Sophie , Saint Stanislaus School, Fall River
Category II ages (10-13)
• First place – Jidapa Janpathompong, Fiske School , Lexington
• Second Place – Jinn Janpathompong, Fiske School , Lexington
• Third place – Ashli Dominique, Martin Luther King K-8 School , Boston
Category III ages (14-17)
• First place – Benjamin Rivera-Concannon , Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
• Second place – Chloe Basile, Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
• Third place – Emily Hoar, Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
Students will receive certificates of recognition from the MassDOT Aeronautics Division. Aeronautics Division Administrator Jeff DeCarlo extends his congratulations to all the students who entered this year’s art contest.
Worcester: Blackstone Gateway Visitor Center Project Advances posted on Feb 25
MassDOT has announced that it is continuing to move forward with the project to construct the Worcester Blackstone Gateway Visitor Center and the adjacent multi-use path in the City of Worcester. A Notice to Proceed (NTP) was recently awarded for Phase II of this project …Continue Reading Worcester: Blackstone Gateway Visitor Center Project Advances
I-90 Toll Plaza Demolition Construction Updates posted on Feb 24
The MassDOT I-90 Toll Demolition and Road Reconstruction Project continues with work at all 23 locations trending on or ahead of schedule. Each work location has its own unique traffic management and construction management plans. All work is contingent upon the weather. Please check the …Continue Reading I-90 Toll Plaza Demolition Construction Updates
MassDOT Freight Plan Second Open House Set posted on Feb 22
MassDOT is hosting the second Open House for the Massachusetts Freight Plan as follows: Thursday, March 9, 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM, The Conference Center at Bentley University, Room 325ABC (Third Floor), 175 Forest Street, LaCava Campus Center #300, Waltham The second Freight Advisory Committee …Continue Reading MassDOT Freight Plan Second Open House Set