The MassDOT Aeronautics Division recently held judging at the state level for the 2016 International Aviation Art Contest “Air Spots in Harmony with Nature.”
Nine Massachusetts students winning art work has been forwarded to the National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) in Washington, D.C. for the national judging to be held in March.
The top national entries from the United States will then be forwarded on to the Federation Aeronautique Internationale (FAI) in Switzerland for judging to determine top International honors in April.
The Massachusetts art winners in the three categories are listed below.
Category I ages (6-9)
• First place – Edward Hwang, Fiske School, Lexington
• Second place – Nicholas Allen, Martin Luther King K-8 School , Boston
• Third place – Sophie , Saint Stanislaus School, Fall River
Category II ages (10-13)
• First place – Jidapa Janpathompong, Fiske School , Lexington
• Second Place – Jinn Janpathompong, Fiske School , Lexington
• Third place – Ashli Dominique, Martin Luther King K-8 School , Boston
Category III ages (14-17)
• First place – Benjamin Rivera-Concannon , Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
• Second place – Chloe Basile, Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
• Third place – Emily Hoar, Plymouth So. High School , Plymouth
Students will receive certificates of recognition from the MassDOT Aeronautics Division. Aeronautics Division Administrator Jeff DeCarlo extends his congratulations to all the students who entered this year’s art contest.
MBTA Future: Focus40 Seeks Your Ideas posted on Dec 2
The Focus40 Street Team has been out at stops and stations around the system, collecting your ideas for the MBTA’s future. The Street Team is made up of MassDOT staff, community members, and partner organizations. We have already engaged with over 1,000 MBTA customers and …Continue Reading MBTA Future: Focus40 Seeks Your Ideas
MassDOT, MAPFRE Insurance Encourage Motorists to Prepare for Winter Driving posted on Dec 1
MassDOT and MAPFRE Insurance offer helpful tips to ensure that your vehicle is geared up for wintry road conditions: Bring your vehicle in for an inspection. Winter can involve some of the harshest conditions for your vehicle to endure, so have your vehicle checked by …Continue Reading MassDOT, MAPFRE Insurance Encourage Motorists to Prepare for Winter Driving
RMV, AAA Announce New Service Location in Fairhaven posted on Nov 30
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV), in partnership with AAA Northeast (AAA), announced today that the Fairhaven AAA Branch, located at 32 Fairhaven Commons Way, now offers select RMV license and registration services to AAA members. With the addition of Fairhaven, …Continue Reading RMV, AAA Announce New Service Location in Fairhaven