Creating thousands of jobs today while investing in the future. That's the bottom line for the historic $3 billion Patrick-Murray Administration Accelerated Bridge Program that has already reduced the number of structurally deficient state bridges by 20%. Check out this new video that highlights the innovative construction techniques on key projects, and don't miss the "before and after" project list at the conclusion.
Governor Deval Patrick’s Accelerated Bridge Program has now advertised 50 projects, eight months into the $3 billion, eight-year effort to reduce the Commonwealth’s backlog of structurally-deficient bridges.
The Accelerated Bridge Program will expedite the repair and replacement of state and local Massachusetts bridges and reduce by at least 250 the number of structurally-deficient bridges by 2016. The program will create thousands of engineering and construction jobs and provide long term savings in avoided inflation and deferred maintenance costs.
The eight-year ABP project list includes:
• A total of 192 MassHighway and local bridge projects along with preservation work on an additional 300 bridges.
• A total of 29 Department of Conservation & Recreation bridge projects along with preservation work on 50 additional bridges.
The program is financed using $1.1 billion in grant anticipation notes which borrow against future federal funding and $1.9 billion in gas tax bonds to be repaid with existing gas tax revenues. It is an historic component of Governor Patrick's comprehensive package of transportation reforms to deliver high quality services in the most cost-efficient manner
Check out the latest project information on the Accelerated Bridge Program website
Join the conversation.
We want to hear from you. Connect with us.
- [1/9/14] Subfreezing Temperatures Don’t Have to Freeze Your Bank Account
- [8/22/13] Consumer Affairs Survey Finds Lower-Cost Options for College Textbooks
- [8/19/13] Loyalty Programs – A Two Way Street
- [8/16/13] Missing Price Labels? Grab it and Scan it.
- [8/8/13] A Guide to Your Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- [11/13/13] Youth Homelessness – Jack Duffy-Protentis – November 2013
- [11/13/13] Raycela Dasher – Bristol County -October 2013
- [10/4/13] Education and youth homelessness // Written by: Mary Kate Roffey of the GSYC
- [8/21/13] Fallon Rice – Governor’s Youth Council
- [8/21/13] Kit Freddura – Governor’s Youth Council
- [3/4/14] MA Maple Weekend March 22 – 23: A perfect time to visit maple sugarhouses
- [2/25/14] 2014 DAR Agricultural Calendar: February
- [2/21/14] Butternut Stew with Pork and Spinach
- [2/11/14] The MassDEP Experience: Helping Businesses Become Environmentally Friendly
- [2/3/14] Happy (Day After) Groundhog Day!
- [3/11/14] Happy Social Worker’s Month!
- [2/28/14] Hometown Glory
- [2/26/14] Governor Patrick, Secretary Polanowicz Promote Safe and Succesful Youth Initiative
- [2/14/14] Boston Red Sox 2013 World Series Trophy Makes Appearance at Holyoke Soldiers’ Home
- [2/7/14] Honoring African-American History Month: The Wereth Eleven
- [3/10/14] Career Center Day at the State House – March 13, 2014
- [3/4/14] Prevent Worker Injury When Performing Rooftop Snow Removal
- [2/27/14] Statewide Veterans’ Career Fair Held Recently
- [2/27/14] Free workplace safety consultation service
- [2/20/14] How are taxpayers impacted by employee misclassification and the underground economy?
- [3/11/14] Public Purchasers Can Learn to Buy Through the Commonwealth at the 2014 MASSbuys EXPO
- [3/6/14] Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right during National Nutrition Month
- [3/4/14] Massachusetts Lemon Laws
- [2/27/14] Celebrating Women’s History Month
- [2/25/14] Rest easy! It’s National Sleep Awareness Week
- [3/11/14] Shopping Cart Safety: Learn to Prevent Kids from Falling!
- [3/7/14] Una estrategia integral para combatir el abuso de opioides
- [3/7/14] Weekly Flu Report, March 7, 2014
- [3/5/14] DPH Introduces Groundbreaking National Sexual Assault TeleNursing Center
- [3/4/14] Men Joining Together to Prevent Violence Against Women
- [3/11/14] Parking under I-93 Southeast Expressway Advances
- [3/11/14] “37 Billion Mile Data Challenge” Announced
- [3/10/14] Governor Patrick Celebrates MBTA Yawkey Station Opening
- [3/10/14] Longfellow Bridge: Preserving “Salt and Pepper” Towers
- [3/7/14] Callahan Tunnel Scheduled to Open Monday, March 10