During holidays, I-90 Exit 9 connecting I-84 to Connecticut and New York experiences heavy traffic and busy toll plazas. Drivers are encouraged to consider travel during the early morning or after 8 p.m. Traffic congestion is also typical at the I-95 and I-495 Turnpike interchanges along with I-495 and I-93 northbound leading into New Hampshire.
MassDOT's Traffic and Travel Resources page includes links to all MassDOT travel resources.
Visit MassDOT's online traffic camera webpage with more than 90 live traffic cameras throughout the highway system. The cameras refresh every 10 seconds to provide real time traffic views. The 511 traffic alert system alerts customers to traffic conditions throughout the holiday weekend.
As always on major travel holidays, free coffee will be served at all 18 MassDOT service plazas courtesy of McDonalds, Burger King, and Gulf between 10 p.m. on Christmas night, Sunday, December 25, until 5 a.m. on Monday, December 26.
In case of wintry travel weather, motorists should drive with headlights on, observe posted speed limits, never drink and drive, make sure everyone is using a seatbelt and be on the lookout for changing weather conditions. More information on safe winter driving is available at the MassDOT website.
The MBTA Christmas holiday service schedule is available below and at www.mbta.com.
Sunday, December 25
• Blue, Orange, Green, and Red Line trains, buses, and trackless trolleys will operate on a regular Sunday schedule.
• Commuter rail trains will operate on a regular Sunday schedule.
• Inner Harbor Ferry service from Charlestown and Long Wharf will not operate.
• Hingham, Quincy, and Hull commuter boat service will not operate.
• THE RIDE Service will operate on a modified holiday schedule.
Monday, December 26
• Blue, Orange, Green, and Red line trains, buses, and trackless trolleys will operate on a Sunday schedule.
• Commuter rail trains will operate on a Saturday schedule.
• Inner Harbor Ferry service from Charlestown and Long Wharf will operate on a regular Weekend schedule.
• Hingham and Hull commuter boat service will not operate.
• Quincy ferries will operate on a Weekend Schedule.
• THE RIDE Service will not offer subscription service. Customers should contact their contractors for service information.
For additional information on routes, schedules, and fares, please call the MBTA Customer Service Center at (617) 222-3200 or 1-800-392-6100 (hearing impaired TDD 617-222-5146).
Cambridge: Kendall Square Mobility Task Force posted on Apr 17
The first meeting of MassDOT’s Kendall Square Mobility Task Force is scheduled as follows: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM at 600 Technology Square (corner of Main and Portland) – 3rd floor in Cambridge. MassDOT’s Kendall Square Mobility Task Force process …Continue Reading Cambridge: Kendall Square Mobility Task Force
MassDOT Receives Excellence in Transportation Award posted on Apr 16
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) was recognized this week with an Excellence in Transportation Demand Management Award at the Association for Commuter Transportation’s (ACT) Regional Patriot Chapter Conference in Newport, Rhode Island. MassDOT was presented with an award for their Safe Streets Smart Trips …Continue Reading MassDOT Receives Excellence in Transportation Award
MassDOT Approves Contract for Springfield I-91 Viaduct Project posted on Apr 15
MassDOT today awarded a contract for the rehabilitation of the I-91 viaduct structure in Springfield. The lowest responsible bid was submitted by the joint venture of JF White-Schiavone, $148,000,150. There were three bids in total. The total project cost of $183,325,172 includes railroad flaggers, traffic …Continue Reading MassDOT Approves Contract for Springfield I-91 Viaduct Project