During holidays, I-90 Exit 9 connecting I-84 to Connecticut and New York experiences heavy traffic and busy toll plazas. Drivers are encouraged to consider travel during the early morning or after 8 p.m. Traffic congestion is also typical at the I-95 and I-495 Turnpike interchanges along with I-495 and I-93 northbound leading into New Hampshire.
MassDOT's Traffic and Travel Resources page includes links to all MassDOT travel resources.
Visit MassDOT's online traffic camera webpage with more than 90 live traffic cameras throughout the highway system. The cameras refresh every 10 seconds to provide real time traffic views. The 511 traffic alert system alerts customers to traffic conditions throughout the holiday weekend.
As always on major travel holidays, free coffee will be served at all 18 MassDOT service plazas courtesy of McDonalds, Burger King, and Gulf between 10 p.m. on Christmas night, Sunday, December 25, until 5 a.m. on Monday, December 26.
In case of wintry travel weather, motorists should drive with headlights on, observe posted speed limits, never drink and drive, make sure everyone is using a seatbelt and be on the lookout for changing weather conditions. More information on safe winter driving is available at the MassDOT website.
The MBTA Christmas holiday service schedule is available below and at www.mbta.com.
Sunday, December 25
• Blue, Orange, Green, and Red Line trains, buses, and trackless trolleys will operate on a regular Sunday schedule.
• Commuter rail trains will operate on a regular Sunday schedule.
• Inner Harbor Ferry service from Charlestown and Long Wharf will not operate.
• Hingham, Quincy, and Hull commuter boat service will not operate.
• THE RIDE Service will operate on a modified holiday schedule.
Monday, December 26
• Blue, Orange, Green, and Red line trains, buses, and trackless trolleys will operate on a Sunday schedule.
• Commuter rail trains will operate on a Saturday schedule.
• Inner Harbor Ferry service from Charlestown and Long Wharf will operate on a regular Weekend schedule.
• Hingham and Hull commuter boat service will not operate.
• Quincy ferries will operate on a Weekend Schedule.
• THE RIDE Service will not offer subscription service. Customers should contact their contractors for service information.
For additional information on routes, schedules, and fares, please call the MBTA Customer Service Center at (617) 222-3200 or 1-800-392-6100 (hearing impaired TDD 617-222-5146).
North Side Commuter Rail Schedule Implementation Postponed posted on Nov 25
MassDOT and the MBTA announced the recently revised North Side Commuter Rail schedules will not be implemented until spring 2016. The revision of Commuter Rail schedules is a critical element of MassDOT and the MBTA’s efforts to deliver safe, reliable, on-time service to Commuter …Continue Reading North Side Commuter Rail Schedule Implementation Postponed
Travel Safely for Thanksgiving! posted on Nov 24
MassDOT encourages Thanksgiving holiday travelers to plan ahead with high traffic volume on our highways and at Boston Logan International Airport expected again this year. Highways are typically busiest on the Tuesday and Wednesday before and on the Sunday after the holiday. Heavy traffic congestion …Continue Reading Travel Safely for Thanksgiving!
Springfield: I-91 Viaduct Project Public Meeting Set posted on Nov 23
MassDOT has scheduled a Public Information Meeting for the I-91 Viaduct Rehabilitation Project as follows: Tuesday, December 8, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, Basketball Hall of Fame, Theater, 1000 Hall of Fame Avenue, Springfield Please join MassDOT for an update on the major construction and …Continue Reading Springfield: I-91 Viaduct Project Public Meeting Set