Work crews are continuing preparation for the upcoming replacement of 14 deteriorated bridge superstructures on I-93 in Medford, the project known as 93Fast14 and funded by the Patrick-Murray Administration's Accelerated Bridge Program.
The work is taking place nightly overnight between 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM.
Additional work will take place this weekend during the morning hours on Saturday and Sunday and next week, Monday-Friday between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
The work schedule is below:
Route I-93 Southbound –
• Prior to Exit 33 (Route 28) near the Stoneham/Medford line and in the area of the southern median crossover beyond Exit 29 (Routes 28/38) near the Medford/Somerville line, the left lane will be closed in the work area between 12:00 Noon and 3:00 PM.
• Work in the southern crossover are tonight and tomorrow evening will close lanes between 8:00 PM and 11:00 AM. The first lane will closed at 8:00 PM through 11:00 AM. The second left lane will be close at 9:00 PM and reopen at 7:00 AM on Saturday morning and at 8:00 AM on Sunday morning.
Route I-93 Northbound –
• The two left lanes will be closed in the work area between 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM.
• Two left lanes will be closed In the area of the southern median crossover beyond Exit 29 (Routes 28/38) near the Somerville/Medford line and the northern median crossover beyond Exit 33 (Route 28) near the Medford/Stoneham line between 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM. Additional work will occur in the area of the northbound crossover this Saturday and Sunday morning between 5:00 AM and 11:00 AM and at both crossovers on weekdays between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM, with the left lane closed except for early morning hours on Saturday and Sunday.
• Work crews will be completing highway lighting improvements as part of a separate project in isolated areas between Exit 29 (Routes 28/38) and Exit 33 (Route 28). The work will occur during the overnight hours between 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM. This activity will require the closure of the two left lanes in the general area of the work.
• Bridge deck repairs at Exit 29 (Route 28/38) will require the closure of the right travel lane tonight and tomorrow evening between 8:00 PM and 11:00 AM. The on ramp from Routes 28/38 to I-93 northbound may be closed between 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM both evenings. Affected traffic will be detoured along Route 38 northbound to a nearby on ramp at Exit 30.
Signs and traffic control measures will guide drivers through the work zones. MassDOT encourages drivers to allow extra time and to reduce speed and use caution when travelling through all work zones.
For more information or to sign up to receive future updates and schedule information, visit the project’s website at www.mass.gov/massdot/93fast14 .
South Coast Rail “Notice of Project Change” Public Meeting Scheduled posted on Apr 28
MassDOT will hold a public meeting on the South Coast Rail “Notice of Project Change” as follows: Thursday, May 11, 6:30 p.m. Taunton High School auditorium, 50 Williams Street, Taunton. MassDOT filed an SCR Notice of Project Change (NPC) on March 15, 2017, to adopt …Continue Reading South Coast Rail “Notice of Project Change” Public Meeting Scheduled
MBTA: Discover the Fairmount Commuter Rail Line May 8-21 posted on Apr 27
Customers of the Fairmont Commuter Rail Line will travel free of charge for a two-week period in May. Customers will be able to board at station stops from Readville to South Stations and not pay a fare between Monday, May 8, and Friday, May 21. …Continue Reading MBTA: Discover the Fairmount Commuter Rail Line May 8-21
MassDOT Proposed Capital Investment Plan Public Meetings Set posted on Apr 27
MassDOT has announced a schedule of 12 public meetings in locations across the state to present and discuss the draft MassDOT Five-Year Capital Investment Plan (CIP) Update. Public input received at the meetings from May 15 to May 24 will be considered before the CIP …Continue Reading MassDOT Proposed Capital Investment Plan Public Meetings Set