Work crews are continuing preparation for the upcoming replacement of 14 deteriorated bridge superstructures on I-93 in Medford, the project known as 93Fast14 and funded by the Patrick-Murray Administration's Accelerated Bridge Program.
The work is taking place nightly overnight between 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM.
Additional work will take place this weekend during the morning hours on Saturday and Sunday and next week, Monday-Friday between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
The work schedule is below:
Route I-93 Southbound –
• Prior to Exit 33 (Route 28) near the Stoneham/Medford line and in the area of the southern median crossover beyond Exit 29 (Routes 28/38) near the Medford/Somerville line, the left lane will be closed in the work area between 12:00 Noon and 3:00 PM.
• Work in the southern crossover are tonight and tomorrow evening will close lanes between 8:00 PM and 11:00 AM. The first lane will closed at 8:00 PM through 11:00 AM. The second left lane will be close at 9:00 PM and reopen at 7:00 AM on Saturday morning and at 8:00 AM on Sunday morning.
Route I-93 Northbound –
• The two left lanes will be closed in the work area between 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM.
• Two left lanes will be closed In the area of the southern median crossover beyond Exit 29 (Routes 28/38) near the Somerville/Medford line and the northern median crossover beyond Exit 33 (Route 28) near the Medford/Stoneham line between 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM. Additional work will occur in the area of the northbound crossover this Saturday and Sunday morning between 5:00 AM and 11:00 AM and at both crossovers on weekdays between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM, with the left lane closed except for early morning hours on Saturday and Sunday.
• Work crews will be completing highway lighting improvements as part of a separate project in isolated areas between Exit 29 (Routes 28/38) and Exit 33 (Route 28). The work will occur during the overnight hours between 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM. This activity will require the closure of the two left lanes in the general area of the work.
• Bridge deck repairs at Exit 29 (Route 28/38) will require the closure of the right travel lane tonight and tomorrow evening between 8:00 PM and 11:00 AM. The on ramp from Routes 28/38 to I-93 northbound may be closed between 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM both evenings. Affected traffic will be detoured along Route 38 northbound to a nearby on ramp at Exit 30.
Signs and traffic control measures will guide drivers through the work zones. MassDOT encourages drivers to allow extra time and to reduce speed and use caution when travelling through all work zones.
For more information or to sign up to receive future updates and schedule information, visit the project’s website at www.mass.gov/massdot/93fast14 .
RMV: Promise to Customers posted on Oct 28
Today, MassDOT Secretary & CEO Richard A. Davey and MassDOT Registrar of Motor Vehicles Celia J. Blue offered a 10 point promise to RMV customers. The reimagining effort comprises current, ongoing and future initiatives that the RMV has in development to better the Registry experience. …Continue Reading RMV: Promise to Customers
November E-ZPass Sign Up: Chelsea, Everett posted on Oct 28
MassDOT is encouraging motorists to join E-ZPass with All-Electronic Tolling now in place on the Tobin Bridge and expanding statewide within the next two years. The E-ZPass Street Team will be enrolling new customers in the E-ZPass throughout the Fall season. The E-ZPass Van schedule …Continue Reading November E-ZPass Sign Up: Chelsea, Everett
MBTA Bus Operator Finds, Returns Wallet posted on Oct 27
MBTA Bus Operator Richard Cooper, left, made quite a discovery while driving Bus #656 on Thursday, October 23. A passenger had left behind a wallet, containing $1,735. Cooper, 28-year T employee, immediately contacted MBTA Bus Dispatch about the discovery. He delivered the wallet and money …Continue Reading MBTA Bus Operator Finds, Returns Wallet