Post Content

MBTA Blue Line 

Transportation Secretary James Aloisi, Jr. today announced that the Patrick Administration will fully fund completion of the next step in the planning process to extend the MBTA Blue Line to Lynn. 

Standing next to Congressman John Tierney, local elected officials and Chamber of Commerce officials, Secretary Aloisi said the Executive Office of Transportation has committed the $300,000 necessary to complete the Draft Environmental Impact Statement required for the proposal to move forward.

“Extending the Blue Line will transform Lynn, opening access to jobs for Lynn residents and access to affordable housing and commercial development for everyone," said Governor Deval Patrick.  "That's why investing in public transit projects like this one is one of our foremost priorities."

“Careful analysis has shown the tremendous value to commuters and local businesses of extending Blue Line service beyond Wonderland Station to Lynn," said Secretary Aloisi, "and we are committed to moving forward on this critical project.”    

Completion of the Environmental Impact Statement will include answering comments from federal and state environmental agencies and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).  Following FTA approval, the Executive Office of Transportation and MBTA will schedule a public hearing on the Environmental Impact Statement in Lynn.   

Comprehensive analysis of public transportation improvement options by the MBTA earlier in this decade found communities south of Salem — including Lynn — would be best served by high-density transit service such as the Blue Line.  The 2004 Transportation Bond Bill approved by the legislature included language to provide funding for a 50% match of federal funding for the Blue Line extension. 

Written By:

Recent Posts

Memorandum of Understanding Reached Between MassDOT and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Regarding Bourne and Sagamore Bridges posted on Jul 8

Memorandum of Understanding Reached Between MassDOT and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Regarding Bourne and Sagamore Bridges

BOSTON – Governor Charlie Baker, Lt. Governor Karyn Polito, Transportation Secretary Stephanie Pollack, Commander of the New England District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers William Conde, U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren, U.S. Senator Edward Markey and U.S. Representative William Keating today announced a new   …Continue Reading Memorandum of Understanding Reached Between MassDOT and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Regarding Bourne and Sagamore Bridges

July Fourth Holiday Weekend posted on Jul 2

July Fourth Holiday Weekend

BOSTON – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is advising the public for this Fourth of July to consider staying a home due to the pandemic, but if making travel arrangements, to check destinations for the health protocols which are in place and, if driving, plan for trips   …Continue Reading July Fourth Holiday Weekend

RMV New Online: Vehicles may be Registered without a visit to the RMV posted on Jun 29

RMV New Online: Vehicles may be Registered without a visit to the RMV

The Massachusetts Registry of Motors Vehicles (RMV) is announcing that in partnership with Boston Software Corporation, a new online service is now available which enables independent insurance agents to renew and reinstate passenger and commercial vehicle registrations on behalf of their customers.  This eliminates the   …Continue Reading RMV New Online: Vehicles may be Registered without a visit to the RMV