The City of Boston is urging both Red Sox and Bruins fans to take the MBTA to Friday’s games at Fenway Park and TD BankNorth Garden if possible. With a portion of the Back Bay still closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic after Monday’s Boston Marathon tragedy, there are existing delays on some of the City’s major streets. The addition of hundreds of vehicles being driven into the vicinity of Kenmore Square/Fenway Park, as well as North Station/TD BankNorth Garden, will cause further congestion and negatively impact the local business and residential communities.
Boston sports fans are encouraged to help the recovery effort by leaving their personal cars at home and taking the MBTA.
• Fenway Park is served by public transportation via the MBTA Green Line to Kenmore Station. MBTA service will be provided at rush hour levels in advance of the game and extra service will be provided when the game is over.
• TD BankNorth Garden is served by the MBTA Green and Orange Lines. Both of these lines will be running at rush hour levels in advance of the game, and extra service will be provided on both of these lines when the game is over.
• Extra service will be provided on the MBTA Orange and Red Lines between 7 and 11 PM to make for quicker connections for Red Sox and Bruins fans.
• For a faster return trip, the MBTA strongly advises riders to purchase a round trip rather than a one-way ticket when heading to either of the games.
• Random baggage inspections are taking place throughout the subway system and riders are advised to leave bags at home if at all possible.
• For more detailed public transportation information, please visit www.mbta.com.
MBTA: Weekend Commuter Boat Service Returns May 28 posted on May 26
MassDOT weekend commuter boat service will be provided for the third year between Hingham, Hull, Georges Island, Grape Island and Boston. The service begins Memorial Day weekend and will continue through the Labor Day weekend. “Commuter ferry service on the weekends during the two previous …Continue Reading MBTA: Weekend Commuter Boat Service Returns May 28
Boston: Commonwealth Avenue Bridge Project Community Meeting posted on May 26
MassDOT has scheduled a community meeting for the Commonwealth Avenue Bridge Reconstruction Project as follows: Thursday, June 2, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Jacob Sleeper Auditorium (CGS 129), Boston University, 871 Commonwealth Avenue. The Commonwealth Avenue Bridge Reconstruction Project will replace the existing superstructure …Continue Reading Boston: Commonwealth Avenue Bridge Project Community Meeting
Plan Ahead for Memorial Day Weekend Travel posted on May 24
MassDOT encourages travelers to plan ahead and travel safely during the Memorial Day holiday weekend. The heaviest traffic is observed during Thursday, Friday, and Monday afternoons and early evenings. Drivers are encouraged to make travel plans accordingly and if possible avoid peak traffic volumes between …Continue Reading Plan Ahead for Memorial Day Weekend Travel