The City of Boston is urging both Red Sox and Bruins fans to take the MBTA to Friday’s games at Fenway Park and TD BankNorth Garden if possible. With a portion of the Back Bay still closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic after Monday’s Boston Marathon tragedy, there are existing delays on some of the City’s major streets. The addition of hundreds of vehicles being driven into the vicinity of Kenmore Square/Fenway Park, as well as North Station/TD BankNorth Garden, will cause further congestion and negatively impact the local business and residential communities.
Boston sports fans are encouraged to help the recovery effort by leaving their personal cars at home and taking the MBTA.
• Fenway Park is served by public transportation via the MBTA Green Line to Kenmore Station. MBTA service will be provided at rush hour levels in advance of the game and extra service will be provided when the game is over.
• TD BankNorth Garden is served by the MBTA Green and Orange Lines. Both of these lines will be running at rush hour levels in advance of the game, and extra service will be provided on both of these lines when the game is over.
• Extra service will be provided on the MBTA Orange and Red Lines between 7 and 11 PM to make for quicker connections for Red Sox and Bruins fans.
• For a faster return trip, the MBTA strongly advises riders to purchase a round trip rather than a one-way ticket when heading to either of the games.
• Random baggage inspections are taking place throughout the subway system and riders are advised to leave bags at home if at all possible.
• For more detailed public transportation information, please visit www.mbta.com.
RMV: New Boston Branch Location Opens Monday, September 15 posted on Sep 12
On Monday, September 15, the MassDOT Registry of Motor Vehicles Division will welcome customers to its new location in Boston’s Haymarket Center. The new branch is MassDOT owned and has been designed to improve efficiency and enhance customer privacy. The location also offers an E-ZPass …Continue Reading RMV: New Boston Branch Location Opens Monday, September 15
Green Line Extension Public Meeting October 2 posted on Sep 12
The Green Line Extension (GLX) Working Group will meet in October as follows: Thursday, October 2, 4:00-6:00pm, Center for the Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Avenue, Somerville The focus of the meeting is intended to be an interactive session, discussing construction and upcoming community …Continue Reading Green Line Extension Public Meeting October 2
Bus Plus: New Regional Commuter Service posted on Sep 11
MassDOT in partnership with Peter Pan Bus Lines today announced new regional transportation services coming soon as part of the new BusPlus program to increase the intercity and commuter transportation options available across the Commonwealth and all of New England. BusPlus is a public/private partnership …Continue Reading Bus Plus: New Regional Commuter Service