The City of Boston is urging both Red Sox and Bruins fans to take the MBTA to Friday’s games at Fenway Park and TD BankNorth Garden if possible. With a portion of the Back Bay still closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic after Monday’s Boston Marathon tragedy, there are existing delays on some of the City’s major streets. The addition of hundreds of vehicles being driven into the vicinity of Kenmore Square/Fenway Park, as well as North Station/TD BankNorth Garden, will cause further congestion and negatively impact the local business and residential communities.
Boston sports fans are encouraged to help the recovery effort by leaving their personal cars at home and taking the MBTA.
• Fenway Park is served by public transportation via the MBTA Green Line to Kenmore Station. MBTA service will be provided at rush hour levels in advance of the game and extra service will be provided when the game is over.
• TD BankNorth Garden is served by the MBTA Green and Orange Lines. Both of these lines will be running at rush hour levels in advance of the game, and extra service will be provided on both of these lines when the game is over.
• Extra service will be provided on the MBTA Orange and Red Lines between 7 and 11 PM to make for quicker connections for Red Sox and Bruins fans.
• For a faster return trip, the MBTA strongly advises riders to purchase a round trip rather than a one-way ticket when heading to either of the games.
• Random baggage inspections are taking place throughout the subway system and riders are advised to leave bags at home if at all possible.
• For more detailed public transportation information, please visit www.mbta.com.
MassDOT Prepares for Winter Storm posted on Feb 7
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is preparing for a significant winter storm which is scheduled to arrive in some areas of the state overnight tonight and early Monday morning and which will bring blizzard conditions to areas along the South Shore as well …Continue Reading MassDOT Prepares for Winter Storm
MassDOT Reminder: Safe Winter Driving Tips! posted on Feb 4
With snow in the forecast, MassDOT reminds motorists to plan ahead, avoid travel during the snow event when possible, and be prepared for Winter Travel! Be sure to Prepare Your Vehicle For Winter Driving and bring Winter Car Supplies. Use Common Sense While Driving Near …Continue Reading MassDOT Reminder: Safe Winter Driving Tips!
MassDOT Innovation & Tech Transfer Exchange: March 8-9 posted on Feb 3
You are invited to share and learn the newest ideas in transportation technology by attending MassDOT’s Innovation & Tech Transfer Exchange for 2016, scheduled for March 8 & 9, at the DCU Center in Worcester. Are you wondering how to improve both the efficiency and …Continue Reading MassDOT Innovation & Tech Transfer Exchange: March 8-9