The City of Boston is urging both Red Sox and Bruins fans to take the MBTA to Friday’s games at Fenway Park and TD BankNorth Garden if possible. With a portion of the Back Bay still closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic after Monday’s Boston Marathon tragedy, there are existing delays on some of the City’s major streets. The addition of hundreds of vehicles being driven into the vicinity of Kenmore Square/Fenway Park, as well as North Station/TD BankNorth Garden, will cause further congestion and negatively impact the local business and residential communities.
Boston sports fans are encouraged to help the recovery effort by leaving their personal cars at home and taking the MBTA.
• Fenway Park is served by public transportation via the MBTA Green Line to Kenmore Station. MBTA service will be provided at rush hour levels in advance of the game and extra service will be provided when the game is over.
• TD BankNorth Garden is served by the MBTA Green and Orange Lines. Both of these lines will be running at rush hour levels in advance of the game, and extra service will be provided on both of these lines when the game is over.
• Extra service will be provided on the MBTA Orange and Red Lines between 7 and 11 PM to make for quicker connections for Red Sox and Bruins fans.
• For a faster return trip, the MBTA strongly advises riders to purchase a round trip rather than a one-way ticket when heading to either of the games.
• Random baggage inspections are taking place throughout the subway system and riders are advised to leave bags at home if at all possible.
• For more detailed public transportation information, please visit www.mbta.com.
Medford: Green Line Extension Public Meeting December 14 posted on Dec 5
The Green Line Extension Project Interim Program Management Team will host a public meeting as follows: Wednesday, December 14, 6:30 to 8:30 PM, Medford City Hall, Council Chambers, 85 George P. Hassett Drive The purpose of the meeting will be to present a general update …Continue Reading Medford: Green Line Extension Public Meeting December 14
MBTA Future: Focus40 Seeks Your Ideas posted on Dec 2
The Focus40 Street Team has been out at stops and stations around the system, collecting your ideas for the MBTA’s future. The Street Team is made up of MassDOT staff, community members, and partner organizations. We have already engaged with over 1,000 MBTA customers and …Continue Reading MBTA Future: Focus40 Seeks Your Ideas
MassDOT, MAPFRE Insurance Encourage Motorists to Prepare for Winter Driving posted on Dec 1
MassDOT and MAPFRE Insurance offer helpful tips to ensure that your vehicle is geared up for wintry road conditions: Bring your vehicle in for an inspection. Winter can involve some of the harshest conditions for your vehicle to endure, so have your vehicle checked by …Continue Reading MassDOT, MAPFRE Insurance Encourage Motorists to Prepare for Winter Driving