The City of Boston is urging both Red Sox and Bruins fans to take the MBTA to Friday’s games at Fenway Park and TD BankNorth Garden if possible. With a portion of the Back Bay still closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic after Monday’s Boston Marathon tragedy, there are existing delays on some of the City’s major streets. The addition of hundreds of vehicles being driven into the vicinity of Kenmore Square/Fenway Park, as well as North Station/TD BankNorth Garden, will cause further congestion and negatively impact the local business and residential communities.
Boston sports fans are encouraged to help the recovery effort by leaving their personal cars at home and taking the MBTA.
• Fenway Park is served by public transportation via the MBTA Green Line to Kenmore Station. MBTA service will be provided at rush hour levels in advance of the game and extra service will be provided when the game is over.
• TD BankNorth Garden is served by the MBTA Green and Orange Lines. Both of these lines will be running at rush hour levels in advance of the game, and extra service will be provided on both of these lines when the game is over.
• Extra service will be provided on the MBTA Orange and Red Lines between 7 and 11 PM to make for quicker connections for Red Sox and Bruins fans.
• For a faster return trip, the MBTA strongly advises riders to purchase a round trip rather than a one-way ticket when heading to either of the games.
• Random baggage inspections are taking place throughout the subway system and riders are advised to leave bags at home if at all possible.
• For more detailed public transportation information, please visit www.mbta.com.
Governor Baker Appoints Tim King to MassDOT Board of Directors posted on Sep 27
Governor Charlie Baker today announced the appointment of Timothy King of Waltham to the MassDOT Board of Directors. King currently serves as a Detective Sergeant for the Waltham Police Department and President of the Massachusetts Police Association. “Detective Sergeant Tim King has devoted much of his career to …Continue Reading Governor Baker Appoints Tim King to MassDOT Board of Directors
MassDOT Announces Freight Rail Infrastructure Grant Awards posted on Sep 27
MassDOT has announced the awarding of seven grants totaling more than $2.2 million as part of the 2016 Industrial Rail Access Program (IRAP). IRAP is a competitive state-funded public/private partnership program that provides financial assistance to eligible applicants who are prepared to invest in industry-based …Continue Reading MassDOT Announces Freight Rail Infrastructure Grant Awards
MassDOT, AAA Northeast Announce New RMV Service Location in Peabody posted on Sep 26
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV), in partnership with AAA Northeast (AAA), announced today the most recent AAA service location to offer select RMV license and registration services to AAA members. AAA members can now visit the North Shore Peabody office …Continue Reading MassDOT, AAA Northeast Announce New RMV Service Location in Peabody