MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Video: Toll Plaza Demolition, Reconstruction Shown Step by Step posted on Oct 26
On October 28, I-90 (The Massachusetts Turnpike) will transition to All Electronic Tolling, and MassDOT will begin demolishing the existing toll plazas and reconstructing the roadways. The following is a visualization of what drivers can expect to see as they travel through an existing toll …Continue Reading Video: Toll Plaza Demolition, Reconstruction Shown Step by Step
Cementing the Future of the Braga Bridge posted on Oct 25
When MassDOT undertakes a bridge and highway restoration project, such as the Route 79/Braga Bridge Improvements Project, it aims to make efficient and long-lasting choices of materials. Materials are meticulously evaluated and chosen to ensure lower maintenance costs and an improved service life. For the …Continue Reading Cementing the Future of the Braga Bridge
All Electronic Tolling Activated October 28, Toll Plaza Demolitions Begin This Weekend posted on Oct 24
MassDOT today hosted a news conference and media tour in Weston to inform the public that plans are on schedule to activate All Electronic Tolling (AET) in the state on Friday, October 28, at 10 p.m., and to immediately deploy equipment to begin the process …Continue Reading All Electronic Tolling Activated October 28, Toll Plaza Demolitions Begin This Weekend