MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Boston: I-90 Back Bay Ramps, Bowker Overpass Study Meeting posted on Oct 1
MassDOT is conducting the Massachusetts Turnpike – Boston Ramps Study. The purpose of the study is to investigate the potential for new or revised access to and from the regional express highway network using the Massachusetts Turnpike, Interstate 90, along the segment between Commonwealth Avenue …Continue Reading Boston: I-90 Back Bay Ramps, Bowker Overpass Study Meeting
Governor Patrick Announces New Commuter Rail Station in Allston posted on Sep 30
Governor Deval Patrick today joined MassDOT Secretary Richard Davey, Boston Mayor Martin Walsh and state and local officials to announce that the I-90/Massachusetts Turnpike Allston Interchange Improvements project will include a new Commuter Rail stop, with pedestrian and bike access, that will allow for increased …Continue Reading Governor Patrick Announces New Commuter Rail Station in Allston
MBTA Ridership: 7th Consecutive Monthly Increase posted on Sep 29
MBTA General Manager Beverly Scott says the modest fare increase that took effect July 1st has done nothing to interrupt the streak of consecutive months in which MBTA ridership has increased. “August marked the seventh straight month of growth in ridership,” said GM Scott. Weekday …Continue Reading MBTA Ridership: 7th Consecutive Monthly Increase