MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Green Line Extension: Public Meeting July 31 posted on Jul 28
A City of Somerville and MBTA Green Line Extension Public Meeting regarding Medford Street Bridge construction has been scheduled for the following: Thursday, July 31, 6:00pm, Public Safety Building, 220 Washington Street, Somerville. Green Line Extension construction is underway and will involve periodic traffic impacts …Continue Reading Green Line Extension: Public Meeting July 31
MBTA: New WiFi System Announced posted on Jul 24
Under a new license agreement signed today by MBTA General Manager Beverly Scott, a state-of-the-art WiFi system will be installed throughout the MBTA’s sprawling network of fourteen Commuter Rail lines. At no cost to the MBTA or its customers, inMOTION Wireless, Inc. will build a …Continue Reading MBTA: New WiFi System Announced
Boston: Plan Ahead for I-90 Lane Restrictions posted on Jul 23
MassDOT on Sunday, July 27 at 9:00pm will begin work to improve the median and Commonwealth Avenue Bridge substructure on Interstate 90 in Boston. Beginning Sunday night at 9:00pm and lasting for approximately six months, the left lanes in both Eastbound and Westbound directions on …Continue Reading Boston: Plan Ahead for I-90 Lane Restrictions