MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Boston: I-90 Eastbound 4th Lane Reopens at Commonwealth Avenue Bridge posted on Jun 26
MassDOT today announced the restoration of a fourth lane on I-90 Eastbound from the Commonwealth Avenue bridge to the Prudential Tunnel in Boston. The restoration of four travel lanes comes after MassDOT completed safety upgrades by replacing the median system with a new jersey barrier …Continue Reading Boston: I-90 Eastbound 4th Lane Reopens at Commonwealth Avenue Bridge
RMV: 2016 Low Number Plate Lottery Applications Now Accepted posted on Jun 25
MassDOT Registrar of Motor Vehicles Erin Deveney announced that applications for the 2016 Low Number Plate Lottery are now being accepted online or by U.S. mail. Starting this year, for the first time ever, customers will be able to enter the lottery online by visiting: …Continue Reading RMV: 2016 Low Number Plate Lottery Applications Now Accepted
Casey Arborway Project Public Meeting Set posted on Jun 24
MassDOT has scheduled a fourth Casey Arborway Project Construction Update Meeting as follows: Wednesday, June 29, 6:30-8:30 PM, Boston English High School Auditorium 144 McBride Street, Jamaica Plain The purpose of this meeting will be to provide the community with an update on the progress …Continue Reading Casey Arborway Project Public Meeting Set