MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
South Station Expansion: 1980s Renovation posted on Jan 31
The South Station Expansion project is about improving transportation service through more train tracks and redesigned platforms; upgraded switches, signals, and other infrastructure; and new passenger amenities. The proposed expansion will protect and prepare the station for future demand as other efforts have done over …Continue Reading South Station Expansion: 1980s Renovation
New Bedford-Fairhaven Bridge Public Meeting Set posted on Jan 29
MassDOT is conducting a study of the New Bedford-Fairhaven Bridge Corridor, a bridge that spans New Bedford Harbor. The swing bridge connecting the communities of New Bedford and Fairhaven is functionally obsolete, constrains marine traffic, and its opening results in extensive vehicle delays. This study …Continue Reading New Bedford-Fairhaven Bridge Public Meeting Set
Winter Storm Update: Travel Ban Lifted, MBTA Open posted on Jan 28
The statewide travel ban has been lifted as of midnight. Motorists, especially those in the City of Boston and Eastern counties, are asked to use caution as MassDOT crews continue to plow and clear state roadways and ramps. Parking bans are still in effect in …Continue Reading Winter Storm Update: Travel Ban Lifted, MBTA Open