MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Cambridge: Kendall Square Mobility Task Force posted on Apr 17
The first meeting of MassDOT’s Kendall Square Mobility Task Force is scheduled as follows: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM at 600 Technology Square (corner of Main and Portland) – 3rd floor in Cambridge. MassDOT’s Kendall Square Mobility Task Force process …Continue Reading Cambridge: Kendall Square Mobility Task Force
MassDOT Receives Excellence in Transportation Award posted on Apr 16
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) was recognized this week with an Excellence in Transportation Demand Management Award at the Association for Commuter Transportation’s (ACT) Regional Patriot Chapter Conference in Newport, Rhode Island. MassDOT was presented with an award for their Safe Streets Smart Trips …Continue Reading MassDOT Receives Excellence in Transportation Award
MassDOT Approves Contract for Springfield I-91 Viaduct Project posted on Apr 15
MassDOT today awarded a contract for the rehabilitation of the I-91 viaduct structure in Springfield. The lowest responsible bid was submitted by the joint venture of JF White-Schiavone, $148,000,150. There were three bids in total. The total project cost of $183,325,172 includes railroad flaggers, traffic …Continue Reading MassDOT Approves Contract for Springfield I-91 Viaduct Project