MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
MBTA Silver Line to Chelsea Approved posted on Sep 17
The MassDOT Board of Directors today approved a construction contract to extend the MBTA’s increasingly popular Silver Line from East Boston to Chelsea. A project funded entirely by Governor Deval Patrick’s 2013 Transportation Finance Plan, the Silver Line will be extended past the Seaport to …Continue Reading MBTA Silver Line to Chelsea Approved
2014 Moving Together Conference: Register Today! posted on Sep 17
MassDOT’s 2014 Moving Together Conference will bring together leaders working to advance healthy transportation. Are you part of the conversation that will determine the future of transportation in Massachusetts? Please join us and let your voice be heard. The conference is scheduled as follows: Thursday, …Continue Reading 2014 Moving Together Conference: Register Today!
Governor Patrick Announces Ruggles Station Funding posted on Sep 16
Governor Deval Patrick joined US Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx to announce a $20 million federal Transportation Improvement Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) grant to fund the Ruggles Station Commuter Rail Platform Project. Ruggles Station currently has only two platforms, limiting the number of trains that …Continue Reading Governor Patrick Announces Ruggles Station Funding