MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Gill-Montague Bridge Rehabilitation Celebrated posted on Aug 25
MassDOT Secretary and CEO Stephanie Pollack and Highway Administrator Thomas J. Tinlin joined Director of Governor Charlie Baker’s Western Massachusetts Office Michael Knapik, Senate President Stanley C. Rosenberg, state and local officials today in Turners Falls to celebrate the complete rehabilitation of the Avenue A …Continue Reading Gill-Montague Bridge Rehabilitation Celebrated
All Electronic Tolling Coming: How to Sign Up for EZPass posted on Aug 24
In late October, MassDOT is scheduled to activate All Electronic Tolling on I-90 and the Boston tunnels. All Electronic Tolling has been in place for vehicles since July 2014 on the Tobin Bridge. To ensure drivers pay the lowest possible toll rate inside Massachusetts, drivers …Continue Reading All Electronic Tolling Coming: How to Sign Up for EZPass
All Electronic Tolling Fare Structure Public Meetings Set posted on Aug 23
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation is convening public hearings on toll structure changes within I-90, (the Massachusetts Turnpike), and the Metropolitan Highway System, which includes the Boston tunnels and the Tobin Memorial Bridge. The proposed changes include changes in the toll structure and rates through …Continue Reading All Electronic Tolling Fare Structure Public Meetings Set