MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
MBTA: Blue Hill Avenue Station Project Public Meeting Set posted on Sep 22
The MBTA on Wednesday, October 5, will present design details, project benefits, bid date/process, construction phasing and construction schedule of its Blue Hill Avenue Station project. A public meeting has been scheduled as follows: Wednesday, October 5, 6:00 PM, Mattapan Branch Library, 1350 Blue Hill …Continue Reading MBTA: Blue Hill Avenue Station Project Public Meeting Set
Arsenal Street Corridor Study Public Meeting Set posted on Sep 22
Please join the Massachusetts Department of Transportation for a Public Information Meeting on the Arsenal Street Corridor Study as follows: Tuesday, October 4, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Watertown Middle School, Auditorium & Cafeteria, 68 Waverly Avenue, Watertown MassDOT is studying the Arsenal Street Corridor in …Continue Reading Arsenal Street Corridor Study Public Meeting Set
Baker-Polito Administration Announces Complete Streets Program Grants posted on Sep 21
Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito, Transportation Secretary and CEO Stephanie Pollack, Highway Administrator Thomas Tinlin, and members of the Legislature today announced grant funding from the Complete Streets Program to 11 participating municipalities. A ceremony was held at the Massachusetts State House to distribute funding for …Continue Reading Baker-Polito Administration Announces Complete Streets Program Grants