MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Boston: Massachusetts Avenue Bridge Public Hearing Set posted on Mar 2
MassDOT has scheduled a Design Public Hearing for the proposed Massachusetts Avenue Bridge over Commonwealth Avenue Project in Boston as follows: Boston Central Library, Commonwealth Salon, 700 Boylston Street, Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 6:30PM-8:00PM The purpose of this hearing is to provide the public with …Continue Reading Boston: Massachusetts Avenue Bridge Public Hearing Set
Remembering the Fall River Line posted on Feb 28
South Coast Rail will transport passengers to Boston from Fall River and New Bedford. Both South Coast cities have rich histories, including Fall River’s stint as a gateway to the mid-Atlantic. Until about 80 years ago, the most direct route to New York City from …Continue Reading Remembering the Fall River Line
Comprehensive New England Regional Transportation Maps posted on Feb 27
MassDOT today announced release of the first ever comprehensive New England Regional Transportation Maps. These maps show all privately operated rail, bus, and ferry service across New England and connecting services to New York State. MassDOT’s Rail & Transit Division developed the maps in coordination …Continue Reading Comprehensive New England Regional Transportation Maps