MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Bay State Bike Week is Almost Here! posted on Apr 29
What could be better than April breaking the 70 degree mark? The beginning of May, because we’re getting ready for Bay State Bike Week! Every May, Massachusetts residents and bike commuters come together to celebrate human-powered, two-wheeled transportation during Bay State Bike Week. This year, …Continue Reading Bay State Bike Week is Almost Here!
Ashland: Governor Baker Reviews MBTA Infrastructure Investments Progress posted on Apr 28
Governor Charlie Baker today visited a Keolis work site in Ashland to review the progress on infrastructure upgrades the MBTA is making as part of a larger effort the MBTA, its Fiscal and Management Control Board (FMCB) and leadership are making to improve service, access, …Continue Reading Ashland: Governor Baker Reviews MBTA Infrastructure Investments Progress
Walk & Bike to School Day May 4th! posted on Apr 28
Students Across the Commonwealth Will Be Celebrating Massachusetts Walk and Bike To School Day on May 4th. Double knot those shoelaces, and pump up those tires as Massachusetts Walk and Bike to School day is fast approaching. This is the 7th consecutive year for the …Continue Reading Walk & Bike to School Day May 4th!