MassDOT Secretary Jeffrey Mullan and MBTA General Manager Richard Davey joined MBTA Union Officials for today's Kick-Off of the annual MassDOT 2010 Fill-A-Bus Toy Drive in ceremonies at the MBTA Repair and Maintenance Facility in Everett.
The campaign from Monday, December 13 through Friday, December 17 reaches out to MassDOT employees to help fill an MBTA bus with donations of new unwrapped toys for local needy children.
Toys will be donated to the Freedom House, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), Roxbury Multi – Service Center, Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
An MBTA bus is available at various MassDOT work locations to collect toys, including:
Monday, December 13
• Highway District 3 Office, 403 Belmont St, Worcester | 9-10 a.m.
• MBTA Charlestown Bus Garage, 21 Arlington Ave, Charlestown | 12-1 p.m.
• MBTA Everett Repair Shop, 80 Broadway, Everett | 2-3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 14
• Lawrence RMV, 73 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence | 9-10 a.m.
• Highway District 4 Office, 519 Appleton St., Arlington | 11-12 p.m.
• MBTA Lynn Bus Garage, 985 Western Ave, Lynn | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Operations, 45 High Street, Boston | 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15
• Watertown RMV, 550 Arsenaul St., Watertown | 9-10 a.m.
• Quincy Bus Garage, 954 Hancock St., Quincy | 12-1 p.m.
• Transit Police/Southampton, 240 Southampton St., Boston | 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
• MBTA, 500 Arborway, Jamaica Plain | 9-10 a.m.
• Braintree RMV, 10 Plain St., Braintree | 11 a.m. -12 p.m.
• Quincy RMV Headquarters, 25 Newport Ave., Extension | 1-2 p.m.
• Highway District 5 Office, 1000 County St., Taunton | 3-4
Friday, December 17
• Highway District 6 Office, 185 Kneeland St., Boston | 9-10 a.m.
• Boston RMV, 630 Washington St., Boston | 10-11 a.m.
• Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston | 1-2 p.m.
• MBTA Cabot Bus Garage, 275 Dorchester Ave, Boston | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Weston: I-90 Traffic Pattern Shifts posted on Dec 8
MassDOT today announced upcoming traffic pattern shifts along I-90 at Interchange 14 in Weston beginning tonight to allow for Stage 3 construction operations in the toll demolition and road reconstruction process. These Stage 3 traffic shifts and construction operations were scheduled to take place in …Continue Reading Weston: I-90 Traffic Pattern Shifts
City of Everett, MBTA: Broadway Bus Lane Pilot Program posted on Dec 8
The MBTA and the City of Everett are piloting a bus-only lane on Broadway between Ferry St and Route 16 this week, Monday-Friday, December 5-9. The bus-only lane is keeping Routes 97, 104, 109, 110, and 112 ahead of other traffic! Check out this brief …Continue Reading City of Everett, MBTA: Broadway Bus Lane Pilot Program
MassDOT, Oregon Signs Mark Route 20- Longest Continuous Road in U.S. posted on Dec 8
MassDOT and the community of Newport, Oregon have installed mileage signs marking each end of Route 20, the longest continuous road in the United States. Highway Administrator Thomas J. Tinlin joined City of Boston officials and MassDOT personnel at an event today to unveil MassDOT’s …Continue Reading MassDOT, Oregon Signs Mark Route 20- Longest Continuous Road in U.S.