On Monday, November 2, the Governor will formally swear in the following Board members:
• John R. Jenkins, a Natick resident, will serve as Chair of the MassDOT Board and was a former Massachusetts Turnpike Authority Board member.
• Professor Andrew Whittle, a geotechnical engineer, currently serves as Department Head of the Massachusetts Institute for Technology’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
• Elizabeth Levin is President of Liz Levin & Company, a management consulting company that serves the transportation, design and environment community.
• Ferdinand Alvaro is Partner-in-Charge of the Adorno & Yoss LLP Boston office and Co-Chair of the National Business Law Group. He previously served on the board of directors of the MBTA.
• Janice Loux is the first female president of UNITE HERE! Local 26, representing more than 6,300 hotel and food service workers in metropolitan Boston and was a member of the board of directors of the MBTA for 12 years under five governors.
The Governor will establish a 20-member Advisory Counsel to the Board, led by Alan MacDonald, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Business Roundtable, designed to ensure the Board receives guidance and input from a broad array of statewide stakeholders.
Governor Patrick and Incoming Secretary and CEO Jeffrey Mullan also named the following Administrators of MassDOT’s four divisions: Luisa Paiewonsky, Highway Division Administrator; William Mitchell, Acting Rail & Transit Administrator; Christopher Willenborg, Aeronautics Division Administrator; and Rachel Kaprielian, Registry of Motor Vehicles Division Administrator.
On Wednesday, November 4th, the Governor will release a financial analysis of the MBTA conducted by former John Hancock executive David D'Alessandro. Citing concerns about finances, safety and management, Governor Patrick commissioned the top-to-bottom review of the MBTA in August. Visit the MassDOT Information Center to learn more.
Medford: Green Line Extension Public Meeting December 14 posted on Dec 5
The Green Line Extension Project Interim Program Management Team will host a public meeting as follows: Wednesday, December 14, 6:30 to 8:30 PM, Medford City Hall, Council Chambers, 85 George P. Hassett Drive The purpose of the meeting will be to present a general update …Continue Reading Medford: Green Line Extension Public Meeting December 14
MBTA Future: Focus40 Seeks Your Ideas posted on Dec 2
The Focus40 Street Team has been out at stops and stations around the system, collecting your ideas for the MBTA’s future. The Street Team is made up of MassDOT staff, community members, and partner organizations. We have already engaged with over 1,000 MBTA customers and …Continue Reading MBTA Future: Focus40 Seeks Your Ideas
MassDOT, MAPFRE Insurance Encourage Motorists to Prepare for Winter Driving posted on Dec 1
MassDOT and MAPFRE Insurance offer helpful tips to ensure that your vehicle is geared up for wintry road conditions: Bring your vehicle in for an inspection. Winter can involve some of the harshest conditions for your vehicle to endure, so have your vehicle checked by …Continue Reading MassDOT, MAPFRE Insurance Encourage Motorists to Prepare for Winter Driving