On Monday, November 2, the Governor will formally swear in the following Board members:
• John R. Jenkins, a Natick resident, will serve as Chair of the MassDOT Board and was a former Massachusetts Turnpike Authority Board member.
• Professor Andrew Whittle, a geotechnical engineer, currently serves as Department Head of the Massachusetts Institute for Technology’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
• Elizabeth Levin is President of Liz Levin & Company, a management consulting company that serves the transportation, design and environment community.
• Ferdinand Alvaro is Partner-in-Charge of the Adorno & Yoss LLP Boston office and Co-Chair of the National Business Law Group. He previously served on the board of directors of the MBTA.
• Janice Loux is the first female president of UNITE HERE! Local 26, representing more than 6,300 hotel and food service workers in metropolitan Boston and was a member of the board of directors of the MBTA for 12 years under five governors.
The Governor will establish a 20-member Advisory Counsel to the Board, led by Alan MacDonald, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Business Roundtable, designed to ensure the Board receives guidance and input from a broad array of statewide stakeholders.
Governor Patrick and Incoming Secretary and CEO Jeffrey Mullan also named the following Administrators of MassDOT’s four divisions: Luisa Paiewonsky, Highway Division Administrator; William Mitchell, Acting Rail & Transit Administrator; Christopher Willenborg, Aeronautics Division Administrator; and Rachel Kaprielian, Registry of Motor Vehicles Division Administrator.
On Wednesday, November 4th, the Governor will release a financial analysis of the MBTA conducted by former John Hancock executive David D'Alessandro. Citing concerns about finances, safety and management, Governor Patrick commissioned the top-to-bottom review of the MBTA in August. Visit the MassDOT Information Center to learn more.
MassDOT Secretary Announces MBTA Leadership Team posted on Jul 30
Today, MassDOT Secretary Stephanie Pollack announced Brian Shortsleeve will serve as the Chief Administrator for the MBTA, working alongside the newly appointed Fiscal and Management Control Board (FMCB), interim General Manager Frank DePaola, who will continue in his current role focusing solely on operations and …Continue Reading MassDOT Secretary Announces MBTA Leadership Team
MBTA Orange Line Service Alert: Suspension of Weekend Service August 1-2 posted on Jul 29
The MBTA has scheduled necessary track maintenance activities on the Orange Line for this weekend, Saturday, August 1st and Sunday, August 2nd. Weekend service will be suspended between Forest Hills and Ruggles Stations. During the suspension of service, work crews will remove and replace rail …Continue Reading MBTA Orange Line Service Alert: Suspension of Weekend Service August 1-2
Longfellow Bridge: August Closures Update posted on Jul 29
The Longfellow Bridge Rehabilitation Project moves forward with demolition work that will require bridge closures. MassDOT’s contractor, White-Skanska-Consigli JV (WSC), will periodically close the Longfellow Bridge to all vehicular traffic beginning on Saturday, August 1 through Friday, August 21. The closures are necessary to safely …Continue Reading Longfellow Bridge: August Closures Update