On Monday, November 2, the Governor will formally swear in the following Board members:
• John R. Jenkins, a Natick resident, will serve as Chair of the MassDOT Board and was a former Massachusetts Turnpike Authority Board member.
• Professor Andrew Whittle, a geotechnical engineer, currently serves as Department Head of the Massachusetts Institute for Technology’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
• Elizabeth Levin is President of Liz Levin & Company, a management consulting company that serves the transportation, design and environment community.
• Ferdinand Alvaro is Partner-in-Charge of the Adorno & Yoss LLP Boston office and Co-Chair of the National Business Law Group. He previously served on the board of directors of the MBTA.
• Janice Loux is the first female president of UNITE HERE! Local 26, representing more than 6,300 hotel and food service workers in metropolitan Boston and was a member of the board of directors of the MBTA for 12 years under five governors.
The Governor will establish a 20-member Advisory Counsel to the Board, led by Alan MacDonald, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Business Roundtable, designed to ensure the Board receives guidance and input from a broad array of statewide stakeholders.
Governor Patrick and Incoming Secretary and CEO Jeffrey Mullan also named the following Administrators of MassDOT’s four divisions: Luisa Paiewonsky, Highway Division Administrator; William Mitchell, Acting Rail & Transit Administrator; Christopher Willenborg, Aeronautics Division Administrator; and Rachel Kaprielian, Registry of Motor Vehicles Division Administrator.
On Wednesday, November 4th, the Governor will release a financial analysis of the MBTA conducted by former John Hancock executive David D'Alessandro. Citing concerns about finances, safety and management, Governor Patrick commissioned the top-to-bottom review of the MBTA in August. Visit the MassDOT Information Center to learn more.
Plan Ahead for Holiday Weekend Travel posted on Sep 1
MassDOT encourages motorists to plan ahead for safe travel during the upcoming Labor Day holiday weekend. Heaviest Labor Day traffic on I-90 is expected Thursday and Friday westbound and Monday afternoon-evening eastbound. Based on the number of toll transactions on the Turnpike from Weston to …Continue Reading Plan Ahead for Holiday Weekend Travel
Safe Streets Smart Trips High School Video Contest Reminder! posted on Aug 31
Calling All Massachusetts High School Students! MassDOT announces the second annual Safe Streets Smart Trips Statewide High School Video Contest. The contest serves as an initiative within the Massachusetts Strategic Highway Safety Plan (SHSP) to promote safe walking, bicycling, and driving behaviors within the Commonwealth. …Continue Reading Safe Streets Smart Trips High School Video Contest Reminder!
Concord: New MBTA Commuter Rail Bridge to Roll into Place This Weekend posted on Aug 28
As part of the ongoing rehabilitation of the Fitchburg Commuter Rail Line, the MBTA is replacing the old railroad bridge over Route 62/Main Street in Concord with a new bridge to be rolled into place Saturday, August 29. The current bridge has low clearance and …Continue Reading Concord: New MBTA Commuter Rail Bridge to Roll into Place This Weekend