On Monday, November 2, the Governor will formally swear in the following Board members:
• John R. Jenkins, a Natick resident, will serve as Chair of the MassDOT Board and was a former Massachusetts Turnpike Authority Board member.
• Professor Andrew Whittle, a geotechnical engineer, currently serves as Department Head of the Massachusetts Institute for Technology’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
• Elizabeth Levin is President of Liz Levin & Company, a management consulting company that serves the transportation, design and environment community.
• Ferdinand Alvaro is Partner-in-Charge of the Adorno & Yoss LLP Boston office and Co-Chair of the National Business Law Group. He previously served on the board of directors of the MBTA.
• Janice Loux is the first female president of UNITE HERE! Local 26, representing more than 6,300 hotel and food service workers in metropolitan Boston and was a member of the board of directors of the MBTA for 12 years under five governors.
The Governor will establish a 20-member Advisory Counsel to the Board, led by Alan MacDonald, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Business Roundtable, designed to ensure the Board receives guidance and input from a broad array of statewide stakeholders.
Governor Patrick and Incoming Secretary and CEO Jeffrey Mullan also named the following Administrators of MassDOT’s four divisions: Luisa Paiewonsky, Highway Division Administrator; William Mitchell, Acting Rail & Transit Administrator; Christopher Willenborg, Aeronautics Division Administrator; and Rachel Kaprielian, Registry of Motor Vehicles Division Administrator.
On Wednesday, November 4th, the Governor will release a financial analysis of the MBTA conducted by former John Hancock executive David D'Alessandro. Citing concerns about finances, safety and management, Governor Patrick commissioned the top-to-bottom review of the MBTA in August. Visit the MassDOT Information Center to learn more.
Gill-Montague Bridge Rehabilitation Celebrated posted on Aug 25
MassDOT Secretary and CEO Stephanie Pollack and Highway Administrator Thomas J. Tinlin joined Director of Governor Charlie Baker’s Western Massachusetts Office Michael Knapik, Senate President Stanley C. Rosenberg, state and local officials today in Turners Falls to celebrate the complete rehabilitation of the Avenue A …Continue Reading Gill-Montague Bridge Rehabilitation Celebrated
All Electronic Tolling Coming: How to Sign Up for EZPass posted on Aug 24
In late October, MassDOT is scheduled to activate All Electronic Tolling on I-90 and the Boston tunnels. All Electronic Tolling has been in place for vehicles since July 2014 on the Tobin Bridge. To ensure drivers pay the lowest possible toll rate inside Massachusetts, drivers …Continue Reading All Electronic Tolling Coming: How to Sign Up for EZPass
All Electronic Tolling Fare Structure Public Meetings Set posted on Aug 23
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation is convening public hearings on toll structure changes within I-90, (the Massachusetts Turnpike), and the Metropolitan Highway System, which includes the Boston tunnels and the Tobin Memorial Bridge. The proposed changes include changes in the toll structure and rates through …Continue Reading All Electronic Tolling Fare Structure Public Meetings Set