On Monday, November 2, the Governor will formally swear in the following Board members:
• John R. Jenkins, a Natick resident, will serve as Chair of the MassDOT Board and was a former Massachusetts Turnpike Authority Board member.
• Professor Andrew Whittle, a geotechnical engineer, currently serves as Department Head of the Massachusetts Institute for Technology’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
• Elizabeth Levin is President of Liz Levin & Company, a management consulting company that serves the transportation, design and environment community.
• Ferdinand Alvaro is Partner-in-Charge of the Adorno & Yoss LLP Boston office and Co-Chair of the National Business Law Group. He previously served on the board of directors of the MBTA.
• Janice Loux is the first female president of UNITE HERE! Local 26, representing more than 6,300 hotel and food service workers in metropolitan Boston and was a member of the board of directors of the MBTA for 12 years under five governors.
The Governor will establish a 20-member Advisory Counsel to the Board, led by Alan MacDonald, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Business Roundtable, designed to ensure the Board receives guidance and input from a broad array of statewide stakeholders.
Governor Patrick and Incoming Secretary and CEO Jeffrey Mullan also named the following Administrators of MassDOT’s four divisions: Luisa Paiewonsky, Highway Division Administrator; William Mitchell, Acting Rail & Transit Administrator; Christopher Willenborg, Aeronautics Division Administrator; and Rachel Kaprielian, Registry of Motor Vehicles Division Administrator.
On Wednesday, November 4th, the Governor will release a financial analysis of the MBTA conducted by former John Hancock executive David D'Alessandro. Citing concerns about finances, safety and management, Governor Patrick commissioned the top-to-bottom review of the MBTA in August. Visit the MassDOT Information Center to learn more.
Whittier Bridge/I-95 Project Traffic Update posted on Sep 19
Work on the Whittier Bridge/I-95 Project in Newburyport and Amesbury will require extended lane closure hours beginning next week. Beginning on Monday, September 22, the hours of daytime construction will extend the I-95 Northbound right lane closure the associated right lane closure on I-95 Northbound …Continue Reading Whittier Bridge/I-95 Project Traffic Update
Take the Clean Air Challenge! Join Us September 22-26 posted on Sep 18
Massachusetts travelers will improve air-quality by choosing more sustainable transportation options during the Massachusetts Clean Air Challenge (formerly Car-Free Week). This year, Massachusetts challenges you to explore your commuting options and Shift Your Mode from September 22nd-26th. By trying greener modes including carpooling, vanpooling, bicycling, …Continue Reading Take the Clean Air Challenge! Join Us September 22-26
MBTA Silver Line to Chelsea Approved posted on Sep 17
The MassDOT Board of Directors today approved a construction contract to extend the MBTA’s increasingly popular Silver Line from East Boston to Chelsea. A project funded entirely by Governor Deval Patrick’s 2013 Transportation Finance Plan, the Silver Line will be extended past the Seaport to …Continue Reading MBTA Silver Line to Chelsea Approved