On Monday, November 2, the Governor will formally swear in the following Board members:
• John R. Jenkins, a Natick resident, will serve as Chair of the MassDOT Board and was a former Massachusetts Turnpike Authority Board member.
• Professor Andrew Whittle, a geotechnical engineer, currently serves as Department Head of the Massachusetts Institute for Technology’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
• Elizabeth Levin is President of Liz Levin & Company, a management consulting company that serves the transportation, design and environment community.
• Ferdinand Alvaro is Partner-in-Charge of the Adorno & Yoss LLP Boston office and Co-Chair of the National Business Law Group. He previously served on the board of directors of the MBTA.
• Janice Loux is the first female president of UNITE HERE! Local 26, representing more than 6,300 hotel and food service workers in metropolitan Boston and was a member of the board of directors of the MBTA for 12 years under five governors.
The Governor will establish a 20-member Advisory Counsel to the Board, led by Alan MacDonald, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Business Roundtable, designed to ensure the Board receives guidance and input from a broad array of statewide stakeholders.
Governor Patrick and Incoming Secretary and CEO Jeffrey Mullan also named the following Administrators of MassDOT’s four divisions: Luisa Paiewonsky, Highway Division Administrator; William Mitchell, Acting Rail & Transit Administrator; Christopher Willenborg, Aeronautics Division Administrator; and Rachel Kaprielian, Registry of Motor Vehicles Division Administrator.
On Wednesday, November 4th, the Governor will release a financial analysis of the MBTA conducted by former John Hancock executive David D'Alessandro. Citing concerns about finances, safety and management, Governor Patrick commissioned the top-to-bottom review of the MBTA in August. Visit the MassDOT Information Center to learn more.
Governor Patrick Celebrates Beverly Commuter Rail Parking posted on Aug 1
Governor Deval Patrick today joined state and local officials, residents and business owners to celebrate the opening of the new Beverly Commuter Rail parking garage. The garage will be open for customers beginning at the start of commuter rail service tomorrow, Saturday, August 2. “When …Continue Reading Governor Patrick Celebrates Beverly Commuter Rail Parking
Boston-Everett: Alford Street Bridge Opens posted on Aug 1
MassDOT Highway Administrator Frank DePaola today joined state and local officials to announce the Route 99 Alford Street Bridge over the Mystic River connecting Charleston and Everett is now open and operating at full capacity. The $56.1 million project included rehabilitation of the structural, mechanical …Continue Reading Boston-Everett: Alford Street Bridge Opens
NHTSA Safety Reminder: Never Leave a Child Alone in a Car posted on Jul 31
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and partners today are raising awareness about heatstroke, one of the leading causes of death among children. The NHTSA says at least 17 children have already died this year from vehicular heatstroke. Heatstroke is the leading cause of non-crash …Continue Reading NHTSA Safety Reminder: Never Leave a Child Alone in a Car