On Monday, November 2, the Governor will formally swear in the following Board members:
• John R. Jenkins, a Natick resident, will serve as Chair of the MassDOT Board and was a former Massachusetts Turnpike Authority Board member.
• Professor Andrew Whittle, a geotechnical engineer, currently serves as Department Head of the Massachusetts Institute for Technology’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
• Elizabeth Levin is President of Liz Levin & Company, a management consulting company that serves the transportation, design and environment community.
• Ferdinand Alvaro is Partner-in-Charge of the Adorno & Yoss LLP Boston office and Co-Chair of the National Business Law Group. He previously served on the board of directors of the MBTA.
• Janice Loux is the first female president of UNITE HERE! Local 26, representing more than 6,300 hotel and food service workers in metropolitan Boston and was a member of the board of directors of the MBTA for 12 years under five governors.
The Governor will establish a 20-member Advisory Counsel to the Board, led by Alan MacDonald, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Business Roundtable, designed to ensure the Board receives guidance and input from a broad array of statewide stakeholders.
Governor Patrick and Incoming Secretary and CEO Jeffrey Mullan also named the following Administrators of MassDOT’s four divisions: Luisa Paiewonsky, Highway Division Administrator; William Mitchell, Acting Rail & Transit Administrator; Christopher Willenborg, Aeronautics Division Administrator; and Rachel Kaprielian, Registry of Motor Vehicles Division Administrator.
On Wednesday, November 4th, the Governor will release a financial analysis of the MBTA conducted by former John Hancock executive David D'Alessandro. Citing concerns about finances, safety and management, Governor Patrick commissioned the top-to-bottom review of the MBTA in August. Visit the MassDOT Information Center to learn more.
MassDOT, MAPFRE Insurance Mark Global Youth Traffic Safety Month posted on May 1
Posted by: Patrick McDonald, CPCU, AIM, AIS Executive Vice President – Business & Clients MAPFRE Insurance MAPFRE Insurance recognizes that Massachusetts teen drivers are often inexperienced behind the wheel and are in need of extra support and guidance being new drivers on the road. May …Continue Reading MassDOT, MAPFRE Insurance Mark Global Youth Traffic Safety Month
Bay State Bike Week is Almost Here! posted on Apr 29
What could be better than April breaking the 70 degree mark? The beginning of May, because we’re getting ready for Bay State Bike Week! Every May, Massachusetts residents and bike commuters come together to celebrate human-powered, two-wheeled transportation during Bay State Bike Week. This year, …Continue Reading Bay State Bike Week is Almost Here!
Ashland: Governor Baker Reviews MBTA Infrastructure Investments Progress posted on Apr 28
Governor Charlie Baker today visited a Keolis work site in Ashland to review the progress on infrastructure upgrades the MBTA is making as part of a larger effort the MBTA, its Fiscal and Management Control Board (FMCB) and leadership are making to improve service, access, …Continue Reading Ashland: Governor Baker Reviews MBTA Infrastructure Investments Progress