MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
Boston: Massachusetts Avenue Bridge Public Hearing Set posted on Mar 2
MassDOT has scheduled a Design Public Hearing for the proposed Massachusetts Avenue Bridge over Commonwealth Avenue Project in Boston as follows: Boston Central Library, Commonwealth Salon, 700 Boylston Street, Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 6:30PM-8:00PM The purpose of this hearing is to provide the public with …Continue Reading Boston: Massachusetts Avenue Bridge Public Hearing Set
Remembering the Fall River Line posted on Feb 28
South Coast Rail will transport passengers to Boston from Fall River and New Bedford. Both South Coast cities have rich histories, including Fall River’s stint as a gateway to the mid-Atlantic. Until about 80 years ago, the most direct route to New York City from …Continue Reading Remembering the Fall River Line
Comprehensive New England Regional Transportation Maps posted on Feb 27
MassDOT today announced release of the first ever comprehensive New England Regional Transportation Maps. These maps show all privately operated rail, bus, and ferry service across New England and connecting services to New York State. MassDOT’s Rail & Transit Division developed the maps in coordination …Continue Reading Comprehensive New England Regional Transportation Maps