MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
All Electronic Tolling Coming: How to Sign Up for EZPass posted on Aug 24
In late October, MassDOT is scheduled to activate All Electronic Tolling on I-90 and the Boston tunnels. All Electronic Tolling has been in place for vehicles since July 2014 on the Tobin Bridge. To ensure drivers pay the lowest possible toll rate inside Massachusetts, drivers …Continue Reading All Electronic Tolling Coming: How to Sign Up for EZPass
All Electronic Tolling Fare Structure Public Meetings Set posted on Aug 23
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation is convening public hearings on toll structure changes within I-90, (the Massachusetts Turnpike), and the Metropolitan Highway System, which includes the Boston tunnels and the Tobin Memorial Bridge. The proposed changes include changes in the toll collection gantry locations and …Continue Reading All Electronic Tolling Fare Structure Public Meetings Set
South Coast Rail Public Meetings Set posted on Aug 23
MassDOT and the MBTA will host a series of public meetings beginning next month on the proposed restoration of passenger rail service between the South Coast and Boston. Designers are considering a new connection making use of the existing MBTA Stoughton Commuter Rail Line. The …Continue Reading South Coast Rail Public Meetings Set