MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
RMV Unveils New Driver’s License and Security Features posted on Jul 26
The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles today unveiled a new Driver’s License and Mass ID design to be phased in over 5 years at no additional cost to customers. Last updated in 2010, the designs include new security features better protecting the identity of customers …Continue Reading RMV Unveils New Driver’s License and Security Features
Governor Baker Signs REAL ID Compliance Legislation posted on Jul 26
Governor Charlie Baker has signed bipartisan legislation to ensure Massachusetts’ compliance with the federal REAL ID Act, while adopting public safety standards so the Commonwealth’s citizens can continue to enter federal buildings and board domestic flights and ensuring that state credentials are issued to residents …Continue Reading Governor Baker Signs REAL ID Compliance Legislation
MBTA: Transit-Oriented Projects in Beverly & Mattapan posted on Jul 26
The MBTA’s Fiscal and Management Control Board designated Barnat Development as the successful bidder for a parcel of MBTA land located adjacent to the Beverly Depot Commuter Rail Station and Garage and designated POAH/Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation as the successful bidder for a project on …Continue Reading MBTA: Transit-Oriented Projects in Beverly & Mattapan