MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
Cambridge: Kendall Square Mobility Task Force posted on Apr 17
The first meeting of MassDOT’s Kendall Square Mobility Task Force is scheduled as follows: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM at 600 Technology Square (corner of Main and Portland) – 3rd floor in Cambridge. MassDOT’s Kendall Square Mobility Task Force process …Continue Reading Cambridge: Kendall Square Mobility Task Force
MassDOT Receives Excellence in Transportation Award posted on Apr 16
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) was recognized this week with an Excellence in Transportation Demand Management Award at the Association for Commuter Transportation’s (ACT) Regional Patriot Chapter Conference in Newport, Rhode Island. MassDOT was presented with an award for their Safe Streets Smart Trips …Continue Reading MassDOT Receives Excellence in Transportation Award
MassDOT Approves Contract for Springfield I-91 Viaduct Project posted on Apr 15
MassDOT today awarded a contract for the rehabilitation of the I-91 viaduct structure in Springfield. The lowest responsible bid was submitted by the joint venture of JF White-Schiavone, $148,000,150. There were three bids in total. The total project cost of $183,325,172 includes railroad flaggers, traffic …Continue Reading MassDOT Approves Contract for Springfield I-91 Viaduct Project