MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
Lexington: Route 2 Bridges Project Update posted on Aug 21
MassDOT next week will begin preparations to replace the Route 2 Bridges over I-95 in Lexington by implementing a traffic shift on Route 2 east and westbound. The work to prepare for the shift requires lane closures from 8:00 PM each night to 5:00 AM …Continue Reading Lexington: Route 2 Bridges Project Update
Governor Patrick Announces Knowledge Corridor Line Purchase posted on Aug 20
Governor Deval Patrick today announced an agreement in principle allowing the Commonwealth to purchase the Knowledge Corridor rail line between East Northfield and Springfield from Pan Am Southern, a joint venture of Pan Am and Norfolk Southern. The 49-mile segment of rail is currently undergoing …Continue Reading Governor Patrick Announces Knowledge Corridor Line Purchase
Morton Street Bridge Opens Ahead of Schedule posted on Aug 19
MassDOT announced the successful opening of the new Morton Street Bridge in Mattapan more than a full day ahead of the already accelerated schedule. The original structurally deficient bridge carrying Morton Street over the MBTA commuter rail tracks closed on Friday, August 8 for final …Continue Reading Morton Street Bridge Opens Ahead of Schedule