MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
I-90 Pru Tunnel Work Scheduled: April 26-27 posted on Apr 22
Today, the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) and MassDOT announced the fourth and final weekend of lane restrictions on the Massachusetts Turnpike associated with the removal of the I-90 Prudential Tunnel ceiling in Boston. Due to the faster-than-anticipated progress on the ceiling removal, the fourth …Continue Reading I-90 Pru Tunnel Work Scheduled: April 26-27
Fall River: Route 79/Braga Bridge Project Demolition posted on Apr 22
MassDOT contractors beginning today as part of the Route 79/Braga Bridge Improvements Project will remove the portion of the elevated Route 79 over the intersection of Anawan Street/Pocasset Street and Davol Street. The work will take place today, Tuesday, April 22 through Friday, April 25. …Continue Reading Fall River: Route 79/Braga Bridge Project Demolition
Green Line Extension: Medford Detour posted on Apr 21
The Green Line Extension team would like to inform you of upcoming Phase 1 project work on Harvard Street in Medford. On the weekend of April 26th, it will be necessary for the GLX Phase 1 Contractor, Barletta Heavy Division, Inc., to close Harvard Street …Continue Reading Green Line Extension: Medford Detour