MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
MBTA: Weekend Service on 3 Commuter Rail Lines Begins December 27 posted on Dec 19
The restoration of weekend Commuter Rail service on three lines will begin next Saturday, December 27. The Kingston/Plymouth and Greenbush lines will see the return of Saturday and Sunday service and the Needham Line will resume Saturday service after a two year absence. “MassDOT is …Continue Reading MBTA: Weekend Service on 3 Commuter Rail Lines Begins December 27
Fairhaven Bike Train Program Recognized posted on Dec 18
The Town of Fairhaven was recognized alongside the Massachusetts Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Program by Cape Cod’s NPR station, WCAI, for their bike train program. A bike train is a fun way for elementary and middle school students to get to school while being …Continue Reading Fairhaven Bike Train Program Recognized
South Station Expansion: DEIR Comment Period Through December 24 posted on Dec 17
Posted by: Matthew Ciborowski, South Station Project Manager, MassDOT Office of Transportation Planning I was pleased to meet with more than 60 people who participated in an Open House and Hearing on the Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for the South Station Expansion project on …Continue Reading South Station Expansion: DEIR Comment Period Through December 24