MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
RMV Launches Campaign: Skip the Line, Go Online! posted on Oct 1
The MassDOT Registry of Motor Vehicles today launched a campaign to promote its MassRMV.com online registration and license renewal services as the agency prepares to process more than 1.32 million renewals before December 31, 2015. “Performing a registration or license renewal on MassRMV.com takes minutes,” …Continue Reading RMV Launches Campaign: Skip the Line, Go Online!
Lexington Route 2 Bridges: As Construction Advances, So Does Environmental Protection posted on Sep 30
MassDOT is not only replacing bridges for the Route 2/I-95 Bridge Replacement Project in Lexington, it’s also taking steps to ensure the surrounding environment is protected and improved (see the project map on our website). “Greening” measures will safeguard a key neighbor of the construction …Continue Reading Lexington Route 2 Bridges: As Construction Advances, So Does Environmental Protection
Brockton: West Elm Street Project Groundbreaking Celebrated posted on Sep 29
MassDOT Highway Administrator Thomas J. Tinlin today joined Brockton Mayor Bill Carpenter along with state and local elected officials to celebrate the groundbreaking for the West Elm Street Roadway Reconstruction Project. The $3.7 million project will improve traffic control and enhance safety along a nearly …Continue Reading Brockton: West Elm Street Project Groundbreaking Celebrated