MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
Presidents’ Day Holiday Services Update posted on Feb 11
MassDOT encourages motorists to travel safely during the upcoming Presidents’ Day weekend and be aware of service changes caused by the Monday holiday. The Boston-Quincy I-93 HOV lane Northbound and Southbound will not be open on Monday, February 15. Travelers should be aware of possible …Continue Reading Presidents’ Day Holiday Services Update
Governor Baker, Mayor Walsh Announce Joint Community Redevelopment Venture in Downtown Boston posted on Feb 9
Today as part of the Baker-Polito Administration’s “Open for Business” Real Estate Asset Leveraging (REAL) Strategy, Governor Charlie Baker and Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh announced a joint state and city venture with Veolia North America to explore the strategic redevelopment of the Massachusetts Department …Continue Reading Governor Baker, Mayor Walsh Announce Joint Community Redevelopment Venture in Downtown Boston
MBTA: Green Line Service Temporary Suspension between Park and Haymarket posted on Feb 9
On selected weekends and nights, MBTA Green Line service will be suspended in both directions between Park and Haymarket stations to allow for platform work as part of the Government Center Station project. The diversion will allow personnel access to the Government Center Green Line …Continue Reading MBTA: Green Line Service Temporary Suspension between Park and Haymarket