MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
Green Line Extension: Public Meeting July 31 posted on Jul 28
A City of Somerville and MBTA Green Line Extension Public Meeting regarding Medford Street Bridge construction has been scheduled for the following: Thursday, July 31, 6:00pm, Public Safety Building, 220 Washington Street, Somerville. Green Line Extension construction is underway and will involve periodic traffic impacts …Continue Reading Green Line Extension: Public Meeting July 31
MBTA: New WiFi System Announced posted on Jul 24
Under a new license agreement signed today by MBTA General Manager Beverly Scott, a state-of-the-art WiFi system will be installed throughout the MBTA’s sprawling network of fourteen Commuter Rail lines. At no cost to the MBTA or its customers, inMOTION Wireless, Inc. will build a …Continue Reading MBTA: New WiFi System Announced
Boston: Plan Ahead for I-90 Lane Restrictions posted on Jul 23
MassDOT on Sunday, July 27 at 9:00pm will begin work to improve the median and Commonwealth Avenue Bridge substructure on Interstate 90 in Boston. Beginning Sunday night at 9:00pm and lasting for approximately six months, the left lanes in both Eastbound and Westbound directions on …Continue Reading Boston: Plan Ahead for I-90 Lane Restrictions