MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
Boston: I-90 Eastbound 4th Lane Reopens at Commonwealth Avenue Bridge posted on Jun 26
MassDOT today announced the restoration of a fourth lane on I-90 Eastbound from the Commonwealth Avenue bridge to the Prudential Tunnel in Boston. The restoration of four travel lanes comes after MassDOT completed safety upgrades by replacing the median system with a new jersey barrier …Continue Reading Boston: I-90 Eastbound 4th Lane Reopens at Commonwealth Avenue Bridge
RMV: 2016 Low Number Plate Lottery Applications Now Accepted posted on Jun 25
MassDOT Registrar of Motor Vehicles Erin Deveney announced that applications for the 2016 Low Number Plate Lottery are now being accepted online or by U.S. mail. Starting this year, for the first time ever, customers will be able to enter the lottery online by visiting: …Continue Reading RMV: 2016 Low Number Plate Lottery Applications Now Accepted
Casey Arborway Project Public Meeting Set posted on Jun 24
MassDOT has scheduled a fourth Casey Arborway Project Construction Update Meeting as follows: Wednesday, June 29, 6:30-8:30 PM, Boston English High School Auditorium 144 McBride Street, Jamaica Plain The purpose of this meeting will be to provide the community with an update on the progress …Continue Reading Casey Arborway Project Public Meeting Set