MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
MBTA: Discover the Fairmount Commuter Rail Line May 8-21 posted on Apr 27
Customers of the Fairmont Commuter Rail Line will travel free of charge for a two-week period in May. Customers will be able to board at station stops from Readville to South Stations and not pay a fare between Monday, May 8, and Friday, May 21. …Continue Reading MBTA: Discover the Fairmount Commuter Rail Line May 8-21
MassDOT Proposed Capital Investment Plan Public Meetings Set posted on Apr 27
MassDOT has announced a schedule of 12 public meetings in locations across the state to present and discuss the draft MassDOT Five-Year Capital Investment Plan (CIP) Update. Public input received at the meetings from May 15 to May 24 will be considered before the CIP …Continue Reading MassDOT Proposed Capital Investment Plan Public Meetings Set
South Station Expansion Project Environmental Assessment Comment Period Announced posted on Apr 26
MassDOT and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) invite the public to comment on the Draft Environmental Assessment (EA) and Section 4(f) Determination for the South Station Expansion (SSX) project. FRA and MassDOT released the draft document for public review on April 26, 2017. A copy …Continue Reading South Station Expansion Project Environmental Assessment Comment Period Announced