MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
Route 79/Braga Bridge Project Traffic Update posted on Oct 30
MassDOT will begin implementing traffic changes for the next stage of construction for the Route 79/Braga Bridge Project on Wednesday, November 12. The following changes will be implemented in a phased approach through the middle of December: Vehicles on Route 79/138 (Broadway) bound for Interstate …Continue Reading Route 79/Braga Bridge Project Traffic Update
RMV: Promise to Customers posted on Oct 28
Today, MassDOT Secretary & CEO Richard A. Davey and MassDOT Registrar of Motor Vehicles Celia J. Blue offered a 10 point promise to RMV customers. The reimagining effort comprises current, ongoing and future initiatives that the RMV has in development to better the Registry experience. …Continue Reading RMV: Promise to Customers
November E-ZPass Sign Up: Chelsea, Everett posted on Oct 28
MassDOT is encouraging motorists to join E-ZPass with All-Electronic Tolling now in place on the Tobin Bridge and expanding statewide within the next two years. The E-ZPass Street Team will be enrolling new customers in the E-ZPass throughout the Fall season. The E-ZPass Van schedule …Continue Reading November E-ZPass Sign Up: Chelsea, Everett