MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
MassDOT Highlights New Travel Time Technology: Free Mobile app posted on Jan 18
MassDOT today announced that a total of 146 “GoTime” signs, which provide real-time traffic travel times, are now activated on highways throughout the Commonwealth and that a new mobile app with GoTime data is now available which will allow drivers to see real-time travel information before …Continue Reading MassDOT Highlights New Travel Time Technology: Free Mobile app
MBTA: Framingham/Worcester Line Commuter Rail Schedule Public Meetings Set posted on Jan 18
The MBTA will hold three public meetings for people to share comments and suggestions about proposed Framingham/Worcester Line Commuter Rail scheduling changes. The meetings will be held in Newton on January 31, in Worcester on February 1, and in Natick February 6 as follows: …Continue Reading MBTA: Framingham/Worcester Line Commuter Rail Schedule Public Meetings Set
Fall River: Route 79 Braga Bridge Project Completion Overview posted on Jan 17
MassDOT invites you to review the final fact sheet for the Fall River Route 79 Braga Bridge Improvements Project. The work reached substantial completion in fall 2016 with the reopening of all lanes on the Braga Bridge. This landmark project offered significant long term enhancements: …Continue Reading Fall River: Route 79 Braga Bridge Project Completion Overview