MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
MassDOT Announces Completion of Trapelo Road Reconstruction Project posted on Sep 28
Transportation Secretary and CEO Stephanie Pollack, Highway Administrator Thomas J. Tinlin, State Senator Will Brownsberger and state and local officials today announced the completion of the Trapelo Road Reconstruction project. A ribbon cutting ceremony was held today in Belmont to celebrate the project’s conclusion. “The …Continue Reading MassDOT Announces Completion of Trapelo Road Reconstruction Project
Martha’s Vineyard Drawbridge Nationally Recognized as Top 10 Project posted on Sep 28
MassDOT announced that ROADS & BRIDGES magazine has named the Lagoon Pond Drawbridge on Martha’s Vineyard to its list of Top 10 Bridge Projects for 2016. A $43.7 million project, the Lagoon Pond Drawbridge is a 350-foot bascule bridge that it is opened and closed …Continue Reading Martha’s Vineyard Drawbridge Nationally Recognized as Top 10 Project
MassDOT Activates Real Time Traffic Displays on Interstate 195 posted on Sep 27
MassDOT announced the expansion of its Real Time Traffic System (Go-Time) with additional displays along 40 miles of Interstate 195, from Seekonk to Wareham. This expansion will include 10 signs, providing travel times to 20 destinations, (12 of these 20 destinations will be displaying travel …Continue Reading MassDOT Activates Real Time Traffic Displays on Interstate 195