MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
MassDOT Secretary Announces MBTA Leadership Team posted on Jul 30
Today, MassDOT Secretary Stephanie Pollack announced Brian Shortsleeve will serve as the Chief Administrator for the MBTA, working alongside the newly appointed Fiscal and Management Control Board (FMCB), interim General Manager Frank DePaola, who will continue in his current role focusing solely on operations and …Continue Reading MassDOT Secretary Announces MBTA Leadership Team
MBTA Orange Line Service Alert: Suspension of Weekend Service August 1-2 posted on Jul 29
The MBTA has scheduled necessary track maintenance activities on the Orange Line for this weekend, Saturday, August 1st and Sunday, August 2nd. Weekend service will be suspended between Forest Hills and Ruggles Stations. During the suspension of service, work crews will remove and replace rail …Continue Reading MBTA Orange Line Service Alert: Suspension of Weekend Service August 1-2
Longfellow Bridge: August Closures Update posted on Jul 29
The Longfellow Bridge Rehabilitation Project moves forward with demolition work that will require bridge closures. MassDOT’s contractor, White-Skanska-Consigli JV (WSC), will periodically close the Longfellow Bridge to all vehicular traffic beginning on Saturday, August 1 through Friday, August 21. The closures are necessary to safely …Continue Reading Longfellow Bridge: August Closures Update