MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
Coalition Supports South Coast Rail posted on Sep 22
The Rail to Boston Coalition pitched their support for South Coast Rail at an event held at South Station this month. Approximately 75 people – including state and local elected officials, residents, business owners, and Rail to Boston members– came together to represent one unified …Continue Reading Coalition Supports South Coast Rail
Whittier Bridge/I-95 Project Traffic Update posted on Sep 19
Work on the Whittier Bridge/I-95 Project in Newburyport and Amesbury will require extended lane closure hours beginning next week. Beginning on Monday, September 22, the hours of daytime construction will extend the I-95 Northbound right lane closure the associated right lane closure on I-95 Northbound …Continue Reading Whittier Bridge/I-95 Project Traffic Update
Take the Clean Air Challenge! Join Us September 22-26 posted on Sep 18
Massachusetts travelers will improve air-quality by choosing more sustainable transportation options during the Massachusetts Clean Air Challenge (formerly Car-Free Week). This year, Massachusetts challenges you to explore your commuting options and Shift Your Mode from September 22nd-26th. By trying greener modes including carpooling, vanpooling, bicycling, …Continue Reading Take the Clean Air Challenge! Join Us September 22-26