MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
Governor Patrick Announces New Commuter Rail Station in Allston posted on Sep 30
Governor Deval Patrick today joined MassDOT Secretary Richard Davey, Boston Mayor Martin Walsh and state and local officials to announce that the I-90/Massachusetts Turnpike Allston Interchange Improvements project will include a new Commuter Rail stop, with pedestrian and bike access, that will allow for increased …Continue Reading Governor Patrick Announces New Commuter Rail Station in Allston
MBTA Ridership: 7th Consecutive Monthly Increase posted on Sep 29
MBTA General Manager Beverly Scott says the modest fare increase that took effect July 1st has done nothing to interrupt the streak of consecutive months in which MBTA ridership has increased. “August marked the seventh straight month of growth in ridership,” said GM Scott. Weekday …Continue Reading MBTA Ridership: 7th Consecutive Monthly Increase
RMV to Customers: Make Online Your First Stop! posted on Sep 29
Today, MassDOT Registrar of Motor Vehicles Celia J. Blue encouraged customers to make MassRMV.com their first stop this fall as the agency braces to close out the year with more than 1.35 million driver’s licenses and vehicle registrations up for renewal. “MassRMV.com is designed to …Continue Reading RMV to Customers: Make Online Your First Stop!