MassRIDES is the Executive Office of Transportation's statewide travel options program providing free assistance to commuters, employers, students, and other traveler markets.
- maintains a ridematching database of over 15,400 travelers looking for options to driving alone.
- supports over 2,600 transit riders, carpoolers, vanpoolers, bicyclists, and walkers with Emergency Ride Home services.
- collaborates with almost 360 employers statewide on worksite initiatives to reduce drive alone commuting.
- works with 215+ schools encouraging students to walk and bicycle to school, reducing air pollution.
- manages a vanpool fleet, with a current ridership of 684 commuters in 57 vans, achieving an annual Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) reduction of 15,409,400 miles.
To learn more, call 1.888.4COMMUTE (426-6688) or visit the site.
All Electronic Tolling Activated October 28, Toll Plaza Demolitions Begin This Weekend posted on Oct 24
MassDOT today hosted a news conference and media tour in Weston to inform the public that plans are on schedule to activate All Electronic Tolling (AET) in the state on Friday, October 28, at 10 p.m., and to immediately deploy equipment to begin the process …Continue Reading All Electronic Tolling Activated October 28, Toll Plaza Demolitions Begin This Weekend
Danvers: Route 128/Route 62 Interchange Crash Reduction posted on Oct 21
MassDOT has announced that due to several recent improvements, there has been a sharp reduction in the number of traffic crashes at the interchange of Route 128 with Route 62 in Danvers. MassDOT worked collaboratively for several months with elected and local officials, the Danvers …Continue Reading Danvers: Route 128/Route 62 Interchange Crash Reduction
MBTA Forest Hills Bus Canopy Public Meeting Set posted on Oct 21
The Casey Arborway Project includes expansion of the Upper Busway at the MBTA’s lntermodal Forest Hills Station. A Public Meeting on the Forest Hills Bus Canopy Project has been scheduled as follows: Wednesday, November 2, 6:30 to 8:30 PM, The English High School, 144 McBride …Continue Reading MBTA Forest Hills Bus Canopy Public Meeting Set