The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
MassDOT Secretary Pollack Launches Youth Pass Pilot Program posted on Jul 1
MassDOT Secretary & CEO Stephanie Pollack launched a year-long pilot program that will provide MBTA monthly passes to up to 1,500 youth between the ages of 12 and 21 in the cities of Boston, Somerville, Chelsea and Malden. At Roxbury’s Dudley Station, Secretary Pollack was …Continue Reading MassDOT Secretary Pollack Launches Youth Pass Pilot Program
July 4th Holiday Services Update posted on Jun 30
MassDOT encourages safe travel during the upcoming July 4 holiday weekend. Before you drive, check our live Traffic Cameras web page to view current conditions. Traffic is especially heavy at the I-84 interchange at Exit 9 in Sturbridge on the day before the holiday and …Continue Reading July 4th Holiday Services Update
MassDOT Board Approves Contract for 325 New MBTA Buses posted on Jun 29
The MassDOT Board of Directors today approved a contract for the manufacture and delivery of 325 new state-of-the-art replacement buses for the MBTA fleet. “This is a major step in the process in modernizing the MBTA’s bus fleet and provides an important resource for millions …Continue Reading MassDOT Board Approves Contract for 325 New MBTA Buses