The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
RMV: Promise to Customers posted on Oct 28
Today, MassDOT Secretary & CEO Richard A. Davey and MassDOT Registrar of Motor Vehicles Celia J. Blue offered a 10 point promise to RMV customers. The reimagining effort comprises current, ongoing and future initiatives that the RMV has in development to better the Registry experience. …Continue Reading RMV: Promise to Customers
November E-ZPass Sign Up: Chelsea, Everett posted on Oct 28
MassDOT is encouraging motorists to join E-ZPass with All-Electronic Tolling now in place on the Tobin Bridge and expanding statewide within the next two years. The E-ZPass Street Team will be enrolling new customers in the E-ZPass throughout the Fall season. The E-ZPass Van schedule …Continue Reading November E-ZPass Sign Up: Chelsea, Everett
MBTA Bus Operator Finds, Returns Wallet posted on Oct 27
MBTA Bus Operator Richard Cooper, left, made quite a discovery while driving Bus #656 on Thursday, October 23. A passenger had left behind a wallet, containing $1,735. Cooper, 28-year T employee, immediately contacted MBTA Bus Dispatch about the discovery. He delivered the wallet and money …Continue Reading MBTA Bus Operator Finds, Returns Wallet