The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
MBTA: Weekend Service on 3 Commuter Rail Lines Begins December 27 posted on Dec 19
The restoration of weekend Commuter Rail service on three lines will begin next Saturday, December 27. The Kingston/Plymouth and Greenbush lines will see the return of Saturday and Sunday service and the Needham Line will resume Saturday service after a two year absence. “MassDOT is …Continue Reading MBTA: Weekend Service on 3 Commuter Rail Lines Begins December 27
Fairhaven Bike Train Program Recognized posted on Dec 18
The Town of Fairhaven was recognized alongside the Massachusetts Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Program by Cape Cod’s NPR station, WCAI, for their bike train program. A bike train is a fun way for elementary and middle school students to get to school while being …Continue Reading Fairhaven Bike Train Program Recognized
South Station Expansion: DEIR Comment Period Through December 24 posted on Dec 17
Posted by: Matthew Ciborowski, South Station Project Manager, MassDOT Office of Transportation Planning I was pleased to meet with more than 60 people who participated in an Open House and Hearing on the Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for the South Station Expansion project on …Continue Reading South Station Expansion: DEIR Comment Period Through December 24