The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
Route 107 Corridor Public Meetings Scheduled posted on Aug 26
Public Information Meetings for the Route 107 Corridor Study have been scheduled as follows: Wednesday, September 7, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Lynn English High School, Auditorium, 50 Goodridge Street Tuesday, September 13, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Collins Middle School, Auditorium, 29 Highland Avenue, …Continue Reading Route 107 Corridor Public Meetings Scheduled
Gill-Montague Bridge Rehabilitation Celebrated posted on Aug 25
MassDOT Secretary and CEO Stephanie Pollack and Highway Administrator Thomas J. Tinlin joined Director of Governor Charlie Baker’s Western Massachusetts Office Michael Knapik, Senate President Stanley C. Rosenberg, state and local officials today in Turners Falls to celebrate the complete rehabilitation of the Avenue A …Continue Reading Gill-Montague Bridge Rehabilitation Celebrated
All Electronic Tolling Coming: How to Sign Up for EZPass posted on Aug 24
In late October, MassDOT is scheduled to activate All Electronic Tolling on I-90 and the Boston tunnels. All Electronic Tolling has been in place for vehicles since July 2014 on the Tobin Bridge. To ensure drivers pay the lowest possible toll rate inside Massachusetts, drivers …Continue Reading All Electronic Tolling Coming: How to Sign Up for EZPass