The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
MassDOT Launches “Go-Time” Real-Time Traffic Information posted on May 3
MassDOT announced the first activation of the Commonwealth’s Real-Time Traffic Information System (Go-Time) set to expand statewide by the end of the year. Three new Real-Time Traffic displays were launched in the area of Rt. 140 in Taunton. These displays include travel times from Rt. …Continue Reading MassDOT Launches “Go-Time” Real-Time Traffic Information
MassDOT, MAPFRE Insurance Mark Global Youth Traffic Safety Month posted on May 1
Posted by: Patrick McDonald, CPCU, AIM, AIS Executive Vice President – Business & Clients MAPFRE Insurance MAPFRE Insurance recognizes that Massachusetts teen drivers are often inexperienced behind the wheel and are in need of extra support and guidance being new drivers on the road. May …Continue Reading MassDOT, MAPFRE Insurance Mark Global Youth Traffic Safety Month
Bay State Bike Week is Almost Here! posted on Apr 29
What could be better than April breaking the 70 degree mark? The beginning of May, because we’re getting ready for Bay State Bike Week! Every May, Massachusetts residents and bike commuters come together to celebrate human-powered, two-wheeled transportation during Bay State Bike Week. This year, …Continue Reading Bay State Bike Week is Almost Here!