The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
MassDOT Board Names DePaola Interim MBTA General Manager posted on Feb 25
The MassDOT Board of Directors voted unanimously to make Frank DePaola, currently serving as Highway Administrator and MassDOT’s Chief Operating Officer, Interim General Manager of the MBTA. MassDOT Secretary Stephanie Pollack also announced today that Thomas Tinlin, MassDOT’s Chief of Highway Operations and Maintenance, will …Continue Reading MassDOT Board Names DePaola Interim MBTA General Manager
Pothole Report: Call 857-DOT-INFO posted on Feb 24
MassDOT again this year is enlisting the public’s help this winter season in reporting pothole locations on state roads, allowing repairs to be made as quickly as possible. To report a pothole, drivers are encouraged to call MassDOT’s Pothole Hotline at 857-DOT-INFO (857-368-4636). Potholes are …Continue Reading Pothole Report: Call 857-DOT-INFO
MBTA Late Night Service Future Public Meetings Set posted on Feb 23
The MBTA invites you to attend a public informational meeting to share your comments about the future of late-night service. The meetings are scheduled as follows: Monday, March 2, 6 p.m.–8 p.m., District Hall, Assembly Space, 75 Northern Ave., Boston Wednesday, March 4, 5:30 …Continue Reading MBTA Late Night Service Future Public Meetings Set