The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
Governor Baker, Mayor Walsh Announce Joint Community Redevelopment Venture in Downtown Boston posted on Feb 9
Today as part of the Baker-Polito Administration’s “Open for Business” Real Estate Asset Leveraging (REAL) Strategy, Governor Charlie Baker and Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh announced a joint state and city venture with Veolia North America to explore the strategic redevelopment of the Massachusetts Department …Continue Reading Governor Baker, Mayor Walsh Announce Joint Community Redevelopment Venture in Downtown Boston
MBTA: Green Line Service Temporary Suspension between Park and Haymarket posted on Feb 9
On selected weekends and nights, MBTA Green Line service will be suspended in both directions between Park and Haymarket stations to allow for platform work as part of the Government Center Station project. The diversion will allow personnel access to the Government Center Green Line …Continue Reading MBTA: Green Line Service Temporary Suspension between Park and Haymarket
MassDOT Prepares for Winter Storm posted on Feb 7
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is preparing for a significant winter storm which is scheduled to arrive in some areas of the state overnight tonight and early Monday morning and which will bring blizzard conditions to areas along the South Shore as well …Continue Reading MassDOT Prepares for Winter Storm