The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
MassDOT, AAA NE Celebrate RMV Service Location in South Attleboro posted on Dec 9
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV), in partnership with AAA Northeast (AAA), announced today that the South Attleboro AAA Branch, located at 405 Washington Street, now offers select RMV license and registration services to AAA members. With the addition of South …Continue Reading MassDOT, AAA NE Celebrate RMV Service Location in South Attleboro
Weston: I-90 Traffic Pattern Shifts posted on Dec 8
MassDOT today announced upcoming traffic pattern shifts along I-90 at Interchange 14 in Weston beginning tonight to allow for Stage 3 construction operations in the toll demolition and road reconstruction process. These Stage 3 traffic shifts and construction operations were scheduled to take place in …Continue Reading Weston: I-90 Traffic Pattern Shifts
City of Everett, MBTA: Broadway Bus Lane Pilot Program posted on Dec 8
The MBTA and the City of Everett are piloting a bus-only lane on Broadway between Ferry St and Route 16 this week, Monday-Friday, December 5-9. The bus-only lane is keeping Routes 97, 104, 109, 110, and 112 ahead of other traffic! Check out this brief …Continue Reading City of Everett, MBTA: Broadway Bus Lane Pilot Program