The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
I-495 Highway Safety Program Announced posted on Nov 20
MassDOT and the Massachusetts State Police announced the establishment of a new Highway Safety Corridor Program for I-495 through the towns of Chelmsford, Westford, Littleton, Boxborough, Bolton, and Berlin. The program posts public safety signs that read, “Highway Safety Corridor / Laws Strictly Enforced” at …Continue Reading I-495 Highway Safety Program Announced
Robin Chase Appointed to MassDOT Board posted on Nov 19
Governor Deval Patrick today appointed Robin Chase to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) Board of Directors. Chase is the founder and former CEO of Zipcar, the largest car-sharing company in the world, Buzzcar, a car-sharing marketplace in France and GoLoco, an online ridesharing community. …Continue Reading Robin Chase Appointed to MassDOT Board
McGrath Boulevard Project Working Group Meeting posted on Nov 18
MassDOT has assembled a working group for the McGrath Boulevard Project including residents, business owners and other local stakeholders. The purpose of the working group is to inform and advise MassDOT on important community issues affecting the development of a design for the McGrath Boulevard …Continue Reading McGrath Boulevard Project Working Group Meeting