The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
MBTA: New Customer Service Enhancements posted on Apr 24
The MBTA this week rolled out customer service enhancements that make public transit even easier to use: real-time arrival information for the Red, Orange & Blue Lines is now available at mbta.com, the Bus Countdown Clock system has been activated at Dudley station and the …Continue Reading MBTA: New Customer Service Enhancements
I-90 Pru Tunnel Work Scheduled: April 26-27 posted on Apr 22
Today, the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) and MassDOT announced the fourth and final weekend of lane restrictions on the Massachusetts Turnpike associated with the removal of the I-90 Prudential Tunnel ceiling in Boston. Due to the faster-than-anticipated progress on the ceiling removal, the fourth …Continue Reading I-90 Pru Tunnel Work Scheduled: April 26-27
Fall River: Route 79/Braga Bridge Project Demolition posted on Apr 22
MassDOT contractors beginning today as part of the Route 79/Braga Bridge Improvements Project will remove the portion of the elevated Route 79 over the intersection of Anawan Street/Pocasset Street and Davol Street. The work will take place today, Tuesday, April 22 through Friday, April 25. …Continue Reading Fall River: Route 79/Braga Bridge Project Demolition