The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
Governor Baker Appoints Tim King to MassDOT Board of Directors posted on Sep 27
Governor Charlie Baker today announced the appointment of Timothy King of Waltham to the MassDOT Board of Directors. King currently serves as a Detective Sergeant for the Waltham Police Department and President of the Massachusetts Police Association. “Detective Sergeant Tim King has devoted much of his career to …Continue Reading Governor Baker Appoints Tim King to MassDOT Board of Directors
MassDOT Announces Freight Rail Infrastructure Grant Awards posted on Sep 27
MassDOT has announced the awarding of seven grants totaling more than $2.2 million as part of the 2016 Industrial Rail Access Program (IRAP). IRAP is a competitive state-funded public/private partnership program that provides financial assistance to eligible applicants who are prepared to invest in industry-based …Continue Reading MassDOT Announces Freight Rail Infrastructure Grant Awards
MassDOT, AAA Northeast Announce New RMV Service Location in Peabody posted on Sep 26
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV), in partnership with AAA Northeast (AAA), announced today the most recent AAA service location to offer select RMV license and registration services to AAA members. AAA members can now visit the North Shore Peabody office …Continue Reading MassDOT, AAA Northeast Announce New RMV Service Location in Peabody