The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
MBTA: Discover the Fairmount Commuter Rail Line May 8-21 posted on Apr 27
Customers of the Fairmont Commuter Rail Line will travel free of charge for a two-week period in May. Customers will be able to board at station stops from Readville to South Stations and not pay a fare between Monday, May 8, and Friday, May 21. …Continue Reading MBTA: Discover the Fairmount Commuter Rail Line May 8-21
MassDOT Proposed Capital Investment Plan Public Meetings Set posted on Apr 27
MassDOT has announced a schedule of 12 public meetings in locations across the state to present and discuss the draft MassDOT Five-Year Capital Investment Plan (CIP) Update. Public input received at the meetings from May 15 to May 24 will be considered before the CIP …Continue Reading MassDOT Proposed Capital Investment Plan Public Meetings Set
South Station Expansion Project Environmental Assessment Comment Period Announced posted on Apr 26
MassDOT and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) invite the public to comment on the Draft Environmental Assessment (EA) and Section 4(f) Determination for the South Station Expansion (SSX) project. FRA and MassDOT released the draft document for public review on April 26, 2017. A copy …Continue Reading South Station Expansion Project Environmental Assessment Comment Period Announced