The Patrick Administration today announced the awarding of five MassDOT Public Works Economic Development (PWED) grants for projects in Foxborough, Leominster, Braintree/Weymouth, Shrewsbury, and Boston. The PWED grants to municipalities fund transportation infrastructure improvements that create jobs, spur economic development, leverage private investment and target smart growth and better pedestrian access. The projects:
- Foxborough- $1.9 million grant for road, streetscape and parking improvements for Phase II of the Chestnut Green development project in Foxborough.
- Leominster- $1.1 million grant for roadway construction in Phase I of the Southgate Business Park economic development project.
- Braintree/Weymouth- $2.4 million grant for street paving, sidewalks, and other improvements at the Braintree/Weymouth Landing Project business area.
- Shrewsbury- $1 million grant for a new roadway and other improvements at the CenTech Park biotech, industrial and research development in Shrewsbury.
- Boston- $1.5 million grant for roadway and pedestrian improvements at the Olmsted Green development Phase II at the former Boston State Hospital property in Dorchester and Mattapan.
Since 2000, MassDOT has awarded $99.6 million dollars of PWED contracts for 98 projects in 66 municipalities across the Commonwealth. Learn more about the PWED program.
Danvers: Route 128/Route 62 Interchange Crash Reduction posted on Oct 21
MassDOT has announced that due to several recent improvements, there has been a sharp reduction in the number of traffic crashes at the interchange of Route 128 with Route 62 in Danvers. MassDOT worked collaboratively for several months with elected and local officials, the Danvers …Continue Reading Danvers: Route 128/Route 62 Interchange Crash Reduction
MBTA Forest Hills Bus Canopy Public Meeting Set posted on Oct 21
The Casey Arborway Project includes expansion of the Upper Busway at the MBTA’s lntermodal Forest Hills Station. A Public Meeting on the Forest Hills Bus Canopy Project has been scheduled as follows: Wednesday, November 2, 6:30 to 8:30 PM, The English High School, 144 McBride …Continue Reading MBTA Forest Hills Bus Canopy Public Meeting Set
All Electronic Tolling Information, Public Meeting posted on Oct 19
The new All Electronic Tolling program on I-90 and the Boston tunnels will “go live” on Friday night, October 28th. A final Toll Plaza Demolition Public Meeting is set for tonight: • Wednesday, October 19th – Brighton WGBH – Yawkey Theater, One Guest Street Plaza …Continue Reading All Electronic Tolling Information, Public Meeting