Join the Office of Massachusetts State Treasurer and the Massachusetts Financial Literacy Trust Fund on May 17 to learn how to improve your personal finances and become financially empowered. The Money Conference is a free, one-day event to help individuals and families build their financial knowledge and improve personal finance behavior through quality financial education.
Saturday May 17, 2014
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Everett High School
100 Elm Street
Everett, MA 02149
Topics covered at the conference:
- Homeownership 101 – Prepare for the process of buying your first home and explore first time homebuyer mortgage programs.
- Retirement – Review your total retirement assets and learn how to best prepare for retirement.
- Managing Credit & Debt – Evaluate the total and various types of debt you may have, and build a plan to pay it down.
- Budgeting & Setting Financial Goals – Assess your monthly spending and complete a plan to put you on track to meet your financial goals.
- Purchasing a Car – Determine which type of vehicle best meets your needs and learn how to navigate the purchasing process.
- Security & Fraud Prevention – Learn how to protect yourself and your money in the complex world of security and fraud.
- Basics of Investing – Receive an introduction to the world of investing where beginners will learn how to research what is right for them.
- Saving for College – Set up a savings plan and take advantage of college saving accounts for a child’s future.
- College Financing – With acceptance letter in hand, learn how to apply for and receive financing for college.
Register online today at www.themoneyconference.com.
StormSmart Coasts: Protect Your Home from Storm Damage posted on Aug 27
If you live on the Massachusetts coast, awareness about storm hazards such as flooding, erosion, and other challenges is key to protecting your property and staying safe. The Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM) provides information, strategies, and tools through the StormSmart Coasts program to …Continue Reading StormSmart Coasts: Protect Your Home from Storm Damage
Celebrate Women’s Equality Day posted on Aug 25
The Commonwealth’s official heroine, Deborah Sampson, fought with courage in the Revolutionary War under a man’s name and was later given the first military pension ever awarded to a woman. Massachusetts celebrates and supports women all year, especially on Aug. 26, Women’s Equality Day. This …Continue Reading Celebrate Women’s Equality Day
August Is Forest Pest Awareness Month — Stay on the Lookout to Help Massachusetts’ Trees posted on Aug 20
This is a guest blog post from the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR). Governor Baker has declared August to be Forest Pest Awareness Month, which reflects a longstanding tradition in the Commonwealth of valuing the environment, as well as understanding the impact that environmental …Continue Reading August Is Forest Pest Awareness Month — Stay on the Lookout to Help Massachusetts’ Trees