Join the Office of Massachusetts State Treasurer and the Massachusetts Financial Literacy Trust Fund on May 17 to learn how to improve your personal finances and become financially empowered. The Money Conference is a free, one-day event to help individuals and families build their financial knowledge and improve personal finance behavior through quality financial education.
Saturday May 17, 2014
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Everett High School
100 Elm Street
Everett, MA 02149
Topics covered at the conference:
- Homeownership 101 – Prepare for the process of buying your first home and explore first time homebuyer mortgage programs.
- Retirement – Review your total retirement assets and learn how to best prepare for retirement.
- Managing Credit & Debt – Evaluate the total and various types of debt you may have, and build a plan to pay it down.
- Budgeting & Setting Financial Goals – Assess your monthly spending and complete a plan to put you on track to meet your financial goals.
- Purchasing a Car – Determine which type of vehicle best meets your needs and learn how to navigate the purchasing process.
- Security & Fraud Prevention – Learn how to protect yourself and your money in the complex world of security and fraud.
- Basics of Investing – Receive an introduction to the world of investing where beginners will learn how to research what is right for them.
- Saving for College – Set up a savings plan and take advantage of college saving accounts for a child’s future.
- College Financing – With acceptance letter in hand, learn how to apply for and receive financing for college.
Register online today at www.themoneyconference.com.
Adopting in Massachusetts: How to Apply posted on Apr 28
Whether you have struggled to have a child or always planned to adopt, choosing to adopt is an incredible gift for your family and a child in need. Many of the children waiting to be adopted in Massachusetts have experienced loss and hardship, and just …Continue Reading Adopting in Massachusetts: How to Apply
National Teacher Appreciation Day: Become a K–12 Teacher in Massachusetts posted on Apr 26
May 3 is National Teacher Appreciation Day, in honor of teachers across the country who work so hard to educate and inspire our children. It’s also the day that the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) will announce the Massachusetts Teacher of the Year …Continue Reading National Teacher Appreciation Day: Become a K–12 Teacher in Massachusetts
Submit Your Photos for the 2017 Massachusetts Agricultural Calendar posted on Apr 21
This is a guest blog post from the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR). If you are a recreational photographer who enjoys capturing images of agriculture — whether it’s farm scenes, animals, or delicious produce — join MassGrown and Massachusetts Agriculture in the Classroom (MAC) …Continue Reading Submit Your Photos for the 2017 Massachusetts Agricultural Calendar